Thread: Remapping app switch button on HTC One S to open menu

Remapping app switch button on HTC One S to open menu

My friend recently brought a HTC One S and we were exploring its content. While using the phone we many times pressed the centre button to open the menu and it kept opening the app switch menu. It has three keys, one for home, one for back and another for app switch. Usually other phones and also other HTC phones has centre button for menu. If anyone uses this phone for long time, he would have difficult time adjusting to keys of other phones. Can anyone tell me how to remap the keys of HTC One S so that center key can be programmed to open menu like every other smartphone?

Re: Remapping app switch button on HTC One S to open menu

I know the odd feeling you must be getting when you have to touch the screen to press the captivate button for opening the menu and the center button for app switch menu. HTC One S comes with Android 3.0 as operating system in it. Not many smartphones use this version of Android as it forces to have no menu button on the phone. This was done because many developers thought it useless to have two menu buttons in the phone, one on the screen and another on the body. They thought that using one of them for other purpose will be of better use as another function can be added instead of menu. I think that one button can be used for two different uses. If the center button is pressed normally, it will open the menu. But if it is kept pressed for a long period of time, maybe, three to four seconds, it will open the app switch button. So developers can have three buttons to do four tasks and also retain the menu button for the center key.