Thread: Drop in Wifi and radio signal when HTC One V is held in normal position

Drop in Wifi and radio signal when HTC One V is held in normal position

Hey guys just brought this phone and I decided to do some brief scanning of this phone. First of all I checked out if all the accessories have come or not. It was there and then I checked the touch of the phone, it was fantastic. Even the new sense 4.0 was awesome. Then I went ahead and checked the wifi. Setup the connection with my wifi router and checked out the signal strength. It was quite good but I noticed that if I hold the device normally then there is a drop in the wifi connection? Don’t understand why is that so? If I change the position of the device then it continues to work properly. The same is the case with the call frequencies I have noticed that whenever I have held the phone properly in a straight manner then there is a call drop. Don’t you all think this is a strange problem, it seems a proper testing has not been done by the technicians to solve such kind of problems, that’s what my opinion is. is there any step taken by htc people or did anyone from the htc come out claiming responsibility of this problem?

Re: Drop in Wifi and radio signal when HTC One V is held in normal position

If you all can remember properly then the same problem existed with the iPhone 4 as well. when iPhone 4 was launched many people used to experience a drop in the call rates when they held the phone in a certain position and now even the htc one x is said to be having such problems. So the problem is quite common among many of the phones. In the case of the iPhone 4 it was an antenna which was located at the bottom part of the phone which was causing such a issue so it was not a software problem but a hardware issue. So the fix for such problem was to get the special designed cases for iPhone 4 from apple which would cover the bottom-left corner of the phone or the other fix was to hold the phone in such a way that you hand does not come in contact with the bottom-left corner of the phone. So that’s how apple people fixed up the issue. I wonder if it is the same thing with the htc one v as well because there is a possibility that the signal reception would be at the bottom of the phone and we have the habit of holding the phone from the bottom and not the top. So either we have to change the position or wait for some official confirmation coming from the htc on this. I think they should come up with some updates on this particular issue because if this issue isn’t addressed then it would be affecting htc in a big way.

sad Re: Drop in Wifi and radio signal when HTC One V is held in normal position

Like you even I am facing such a issue. The issue is normally called as deathgrip like the above user said it had occurred with the iPhone 4 as well but some updates and all have fixed up such issues. I have noticed in my phone that if I hold this phone normally then there is a drop of 1-2 bars in the signal strength. I haven’t seen a drop in the wifi though no matter how I held this phone nothing such occurs, so i will drop a mail to the htc about the said issue and will demand some explanation from them about the same. lets see if they will reply or not on such matter. Hopefully some update should come to fix this issue.