Thread: Compass not working in HTC One V

Compass not working in HTC One V

I must say that this is the most stupid phone that I have come across and especially because its compass is not working. I have checked the compass of this phone with all the major applications like Google map and smart tools app but none of them worked for me at all. So that’s the problem with my phone, is it only me who is facing such kind of problems or is there someone else as well with this kind of problem, that’s what I want to know from you. Compass results are coming up with not available tag. I just wondered why the hell did I purchase this phone. A phone which cannot give a proper direction and giving such kind of stupid outputs its better I sell off this phone and wait till HTC fixes up such kind of stupid issues.

Whoever else who has faced this problem may please notify me about the problem or in case if somebody has got the workaround which I am not aware of then you can share it with me over here. it will be helpful for others as well.

Re: Compass not working in HTC One V

Same was the problem with me I checked out the device and getting it through different places did not give me any results at all. So I was just confused whether this phone is having the compass or not. so in order to get some conformation on these I happened to call up the htc support team and asked with me why is that compass is not working in my phone. For which the representative from HTC told me that this phone is not having the compass in it so forget about getting any distance and all. So that’s when I calmed down and stopped cursing this phone. I was just checking this phone as if why the applications are not coming up with any results. When I got to know that there is no compass in the phone I decided to chuck it down that’s it.

No more comments on this phone, that’s all I can say here.

I don’t understand why are you all cursing this phone. This phone is really nice I like its display, the touch and the fact that it is running with the new HTC sense 4.0 UI it makes it even better. As far as the navigation is concerned in the phone then let me tell you I have used the Google maps application in the phone and it comes up with all the necessary details. Suppose if I want to find some information about a particular place in Karnataka so when I search in the Google map it comes up with all the necessary details. I don’t have any other app for the location purpose and all, that’s why I haven’t used it bit for me Google maps is working absolutely fine. Don’t understand why is it not working in your case. One more thing that went over my head is that in one of the post a guy has said that ‘a representative from htc told him that compass is not there in this phone. I just wonder if I am one of the lucky one’s to have a compass in this phone, just making a wild guess though. What do you all have to say about the same.

Dude just apply your brains doing a simple search in the Google map and finding out some information about a place does not makes use of the compass. A compass is essential to show you the directions so whenever and wherever you are it will move with you. So suppose if you are in Mumbai and stuck in Santacruz then your phones navigation system will also display that you are in santacruz. The map should rotate in Google Maps with your device as well. so that’s where Compass plays an important role. Just fetching out some information from Google maps does not involve any kind of compass at all. So you are not kind of anything lucky that your device has got the compass and we haven’t. Don’t you all think we could have demanded an explanation from HTC on this.

Silly guy think before you are posting something over here. I am sure all your questions are answered out. That’s it from my side for you.