Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 suggestion before ordering

Lenovo ThinkPad X220 suggestion before ordering

Hello friends, wanted to have some suggestion about Lenovo ThinkPad X220, were planning to order it but heard that it is having problems. I was going for this laptop and get an Intel i7 CPU model and I do not believe that it will be problem for me anyhow. I was looking for laptop which is having powerful configuration so that I can run applications such as Lightroom and Photoshop properly. When I using any of application then it should not be overtax the GPU. I do heard that it is having problem of throttling when you are playing games such as Civ V and Dragon Age Origins, so is there any solution to fix them once I get laptop for me? Is there anyone who is own any of Lenovo ThinkPad X220 laptop and is facing any problems then please do tell me about it? Thank you.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 suggestion before ordering

If you are going for this laptop then you will be getting problems with throttling one. I do hope that solution for it and should be fixed; I do believe that it is a problem with many of PC manufactures, but if you check out actual problem then it is something which Intel should have look on, besides that there is one more problem with X220 laptop it is FAN of it. Problem of whining of it is appears to be laying on hardware, I am also not sure about it, but I have heard something like that. If you also replace fan then also it will be not working for you or for anyone. I wish that Lenovo will be taking care of X220 owners if they are able to find hardware problem. I was also planning to order X220 but came across this entire problem so due to which I have not order it. I would also suggest you that not foe Lenovo try some other brand, such as Dell or HP which will be best option for you.

If you are asking for suggestion then I would like to tell that you will be not getting any positive suggestion about it and most of users will be telling about problems which they are facing it. I and my friend have purchased Lenovo X220 laptop; actually both of us were waiting for it to arrive and get a hand on to it. We both really like it when got it; it was very much better than our expectation and one thing which I really loved about is that battery life is really great. All equipment which was there are good and it was having some of quirks and try to find out about it but did not get it anywhere. Fan of X220 does make noise and earlier I was having a laptop which was making more noise in comparison to X220. Problem which you will be getting it is depended on what application you are running it. If you would like to know opinion of mine then I really like and reason for that its battery life, I was thinking that it will be get drain battery fast but not it was too slow. It is having power and also battery life and it is small in size. One thing I would like to tell if you get a SSD drive for laptop then it will be working faster than SATA, which is thing I like it and would be changing it.

I own Lenovo ThinkPad X220 which is having Intel i7 process with 160 GB Intel SSD drive and I have not find any problem with it, not got throttling problem or any fan problem with it. Where the other users are saying that it is having good battery life then it was disappointment for me. I was having problem with battery life of its. I am using nine-cell and also running plenty of streaming stock market data programs, so when I am using laptop with Wi-Fi then I only able to get only 8 hours of time and if checked review then it was stated that it will be having 12.5 hours of battery life, I do not think that I will be getting that much. However I do believe that it is a perfectly build machine and there are some reasons for it, such that it is having a elegant engineering and durability which you can see it in car such that in last generation of air-cooled Porsche 911s. I would suggest that you better go for it.

I would suggest that you better upgrade Intel 6205 and there are reports of users saying that it is very much reliable than other series of ThinkPad, such b, g, n series. If you are having wireless routers with 3 antennas which will be best for you and till time to transfer large files over wireless network and it will be one of best upgrade according to me. When I have to purchase laptop then I always go for camera option as it is problem when I have purchase laptop then it is been problem for me. I would suggest that when purchase laptop then downloads Avira as it is been best antivirus, I am using it and does not take any resources of system. Even there is no need of having 54mm express card and I also think that it will be worth upgrading to the 7200rpm drive. Even you use drive which has been arrived with ThinkPad, use it as an external backup drive if you purchase USB enclosure for it. Intel graphics will be enough for usage but I do not think that Intel i5 2520 processor is not worth to get it. There is no need to purchase CD drive from Lenovo, you can purchase ordinary desktop DVDRW drive and stick it to USB enclosure or purchase a USB adaptor cable for it which will be cheap for you.

Definitely, when I was doing my beginning test, the X220 kept popping up. I attempted to disregard it (being as how it was more unmanageable). Anyway then I peruse the raving inspections. I even now knew that I needed a brilliant screen. But also I began to grasp that a magnificent console and perhaps even that perplexing trackpoint could be something to pine for. Hmm, and possibly having a laptop that was quite strong may be a reward as well. Then I found this web page, and when I began this string and got such amazing include from individuals who appeared to recognize what they were waxing eloquent regarding (and facilitate positive enter concerning the X220), it made it quite straightforward for me to feel certain about the buy in spite of the fact that I had never viewed a Thinkpad heretofore.