Thread: How to disable the auto login feature in HTC One S browser?

How to disable the auto login feature in HTC One S browser?

I recently got this phone and I must say that this is one interesting find for me. I love this phone but I have some issues with the browser. Well especially during the login in the browser of the phone. I have noticed that the phone stores the passwords as well as the usernames while trying to access the social networking sites such as facebook and google plus. Now the thing is that it does not even asks me whether it should remember the username or the password. The password gets stored automatically and that too without my consent. I don’t wan that to be happening because this phone is used by many of my friends and I don’t want them to access my social networking page as well. so can you all tell me if there is any such settings in the phone by which I would be able to disable the feature such that it asks me whether I want to store the username or the password not. so if I click on no then it should not store. This feature is followed by majority of the browsers today but I don’t know the stock browser of this HTC One S is not following the same criteria. I am sure I have skipped out some settings that’s why it is giving me the same result. So what do you all have to say about the same, waiting for the replies from you all. Do reply accordingly over here.

Re: How to disable the auto login feature in HTC One S browser?

Ok first of all just do a simple restart of the phone and start all over again. once you have done that go to the browser and check if there is any option under accounts & sync to not remember the password. Also every time you start a new session in the browser go to the

- Menu and under that settings.
    - In that applications, browser clear the data.

Then only begin with the new session. Hope this solution from my side works out for you. Do give a try for the same and let me know if there is anything else that you want to know. I would be happy to answer it out for you.

Sorry if I go slightly out of topic over here, I just want to know how to disable the 'remember password' dialog box that appear every time I login to some site or the another? I am just fed up of this dialog box appearing every time I login to some site or the another. So that’s why I am thinking to permanently remove it. I have checked out in the browser settings of my htc phone but I can’t find any such settings out there. Let me tell you I don’t own a HTC One X phone, I own a HTC sensation XE which has a Sense 3.5 ROM atm. so what changes will I have to make in that phone so that I can’t get such pop up. I even referred XDA to get some help out there but even there I could not find any such topics. So please reply onto this and let me know what do you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by $o$^ View Post
    Sorry if I go slightly out of topic over here, I just want to know how to disable the 'remember password' dialog box that appear every time I login to some site or the another? I am just fed up of this dialog box appearing every time I login to some site or the another. So that’s why I am thinking to permanently remove it. I have checked out in the browser settings of my htc phone but I can’t find any such settings out there. Let me tell you I don’t own a HTC One X phone, I own a HTC sensation XE which has a Sense 3.5 ROM atm. so what changes will I have to make in that phone so that I can’t get such pop up. I even referred XDA to get some help out there but even there I could not find any such topics. So please reply onto this and let me know what do you think about it.
    So Sorry to say dude but you don’t have any such option to disable this pop up you will have to deal with it. all I got to know about this is that it’s a kind of bug which is seen in the 3.5 ROM’s, it seems the bug hasn’t been fixed yet.

So unfortunately I want to say that the issue is not fixed yet you will have to continue with the pop up that you are getting for your phone. so do deal with it. that’s all I can say over here.