Thread: Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 vs. Dell XPS 15

Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 vs. Dell XPS 15

Hello friends, I do want to know that which laptop is better. What I know is the IdeaPad Y570 is having an integrated 2.0 MP webcam and did some research on it and founded that it to be superior to most other integrated webcams are there in laptops. But I was not able to find information that webcam is having a HD video quality or not? Is there anyone who is having Lenovo IdeaPad Y570, then please do tell me something about it? But I would like to know more that which will be better one IdeaPad Y570 or XPS 15, one difference I know is that IdeaPad Y570 is having best hard drive and graphics card which XPS 15 does not have, but XPS 15 is having 720p video streaming. Is there any information about them will be helpful for me. If there is any other best laptop then do suggest me about it. Thank you.

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 vs. Dell XPS 15

I will be not suggesting you to go for Lenovo anyhow. I am having Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 and got it in place of Dell Vostro, need to return it as it was defective. Y570 is having backlit keyboard which is same as XPS and also it is having same exact layout. I would like to say that backlit feature of Vostro/XPS was one of the best and would like to say that it arrives in handy when you are using your laptop in dark. But keyboard of Y570 is very much comfortable for typing and also for gaming. If you check out design of laptop then would like to tell that Dell higher end laptop are having a flat out look in comparison with Lenovo ones. Especially I like the Vostro/Alienware and also aluminum cover XPS which is nothing much which should make it or even you can make your choices between two which you wanted to go. There are other things which I would like to mention about XPS is that 9 cell battery option and speakers in it are hand down, if you compare speakers of other with Y570 then it is very much better, but speakers of Y570 is not at bad due to it. I think that Lenovo is having best sounding speakers on any laptop till what I have seen whereas XPS is using big speakers and also a subwoofer for much better sound experience, both of the laptops are using JBL speakers.

If you are purchasing laptop due to gaming purpose then I would say that Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 will be runner up in performance wise. It is having nVidia GT 555m which is overclocked of GT 550 m, so it is not having original GT 555m. If you will be trying to play games then it will be playable with high graphic settings. If you check Crysis then it will be average such that it will be less than 30FPS although, such that if you try Metro 2033 then it will be a demanding game for laptops. If you check Dell then it is having most powerful CPU but it also having very low power graphics card, due to which you will be getting lag issues while playing games. Anyhow if you check out for demanding CPU applications then Dell is best for it. But you are looking to play games on laptop and keep it safe, such that there should be no hardware failure then I think that HP laptops will be best for all those. If compare Lenovo and Dell for gaming then Lenovo is average for it and Dell it is not at all working. Even there is no recalls or lawsuits against Lenovo to the best according to me, whereas you might be able to get in HP. Presently using Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 which is having Nvidia GT 550m graphics card, first Windows 7 was not able to recognize it, I have done a clean installation of Windows 7 so that it can recognize card.

Hey I have purchased Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 and it is been 2 weeks I am using it. I would say that it is best laptop I have used it till now. Version of Y570 I am purchasing it is not having a good SSD and Blu-Ray and I would like to suggest everyone to get this laptop and who ever wanted to have performance then it best one that also with reasonable price. Webcam of laptop is not at all good, it is worst part of it and most of time using video chat application then feels that there should be an external webcam so that I can get better quality of video. If you wanted to have webcam better then please do not go for it, beside that everything is best. If you start using that webcam then you will see that image be dark and also quality of image is very much low and due to which I do not thing that HD quality which is be a discussion about it. If you are excluding webcam then Y570 is worth in price.

I would like to tell something about Lenovo IdeaPad Y570; it is equipped with a keyboard AccuType texture to achieve a metallic cover of a sense of luxury in the matte, comfortable typing. Not only enhance appearance, and surface functionality and performance. Can be equipped with a high-performance graphics and Intel Core i7 processor, the second-generation version of the regular 7 Home Premium Windows, large memory capacity of up to 8GB DDR3, the latest, high work load also happens to be comfortable starting with the game You. In addition, the Rapid Drive technology, you can speed up the startup and shutdown of applications and PC. It is having a latest graphics technology, and delivers powerful graphics performance. You can brand premium audio speakers; the JBL provides a rich audio experience, in the notebook PC to reproduce the original sound immersive entertainment with SRS Premium Sound. The optional Blu-ray Disc drive, you can also create HD Blu-ray movie of the original. The other, or can be easily manipulated to switch by pressing the button OneKey theater, you can log on to a PC by face recognition software.

Done some of test about Dell XPS 15 and when after completing all tests, without doubt Dell knock on the shoulder. The manufacturer has the many strengths of XPS 15 while retaining its old weaknesses addressed. The temperature and noise are not perfect, but Dell believed to no longer objectionable. There are no further criticisms on some elastic and illuminated keyboard after. The XPS 15 does on almost all other respects excellent. In particular, the B + RG LED display is a class apart. Most external monitors must adapt to their count. There are also a large and precise touchpad with its pleasant surface, the cleverly-placed gates and, largely, high quality finish. The competition will likely see green with envy in terms of sound quality. It is having 2.1 sound systems (JBL) which is simply awesome. Finally, the XPS 15 does not pay for his good performance with limited mobility. You will be several hours independent of mains thanks to NVIDIA's Optimus Technology and powerful 9-cell battery. If Dell emissions under load what changed for a better keyboard and an optional matte display would offer, we would all be happy. New XPS 15 after a successful renewal multimedia notebook, especially in terms of specifications. This is definitely worth considering for users with a lot of interests for it.

I am also having Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 and my dad is having IdeaPad Z570 and let me tell that we both are having trouble with webcams such that it is bit inefficient at capturing light and even my dad camera is having better quality but I am getting really worst when I compare both of them. When you are around some sunlight then it works very much well and proper.