Thread: Application to unlock Samsung Galaxy Gio/Ace/Mini

Application to unlock Samsung Galaxy Gio/Ace/Mini

I have heard that there is an application to unlock all these phones from Samsung. so is that true or is it some kind of bluff that I am hearing it from some people here. Don’t know I read it somewhere in the internet that there is a tool which can unlock Samsung Galaxy Gio/Ace/Mini. All the three phones well after I read that thing I am really interested to know about that application because I am having Samsung galaxy ace, then my sister has the Galaxy Gio, while my cousin has the galaxy mini. So if we get that application then we will be able to unlock all these phones which is given out there. So what do you all think about the same. if you know any such application then can you please tell me what is the name of the application. So that I can search for that app and download it accordingly. I know all these phones are quite old and it would be difficult to get hold of such applications in these recent times. They might be deleted as well. still I have some belief that if I have read it recently then the application should be alive that’s what I feel.

So guys I have said my part over here its your turn to say something about the same now. So do reply to me. I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: Application to unlock Samsung Galaxy Gio/Ace/Mini

Yes you are right dude the name of the application is ‘Galaxy Ace Unlock’. This application could be found in the XDA developers as it is developed by a member from their site. Anyways if you want then I can give you an attachment of the file over here check that out if it is ok with you. However let me explain you with how to unlock the phone, this will surely help you.

1) First of all to unlock the phone you must ensure that your phone is rooted. So if your phone is not rooted then do root it.

2) Download and install this application in your phone. once you have got this application in your phone run it and you will get to see ‘See Sim Unlock Code’. Go ahead and press ‘Yes’.

3) Your screen will suddenly turn blank for some time. Don’t worry it is a part of the process. Once the screen starts you will get a list of 3 numbers. Make sure that all the numbers that you got are different from each other.

4) Now call #7465625*638*# insert any one of the unlock code and then press ok. Now its time to check whether the phone has got unlocked or not. so for that you will have to type *#7465625# and if you see many of the options as ON then there is some security issues. Go and try with some other unlock code. In case if you are not getting ON then your phone has been successfully unlocked. So that’s how it is done.

I hope you did understand what I am saying here. That’s it from my side for you. Anything else that you need to know then please do feel free to ask here.

Hi from one of the sources I have found out that this app affects the EFS. So that’s why many of the sites have also removed this particular application. So that’s why I just want to caution you that these application might be unsafe for your phone. Rest the choice is yours if you want to unlock the phone in this way then you can go ahead with it otherwise stick to the safe method of unlocking. That would be better for you.

All I want to say is use safe solution to unlock the phone. still if you want to continue with the above app for unlocking then find some way to backup the EFS and then you can try and run the application. So in case if the EFS gets affected than there is no reason to worry for you. You do have a backup for the same. did you understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you all.

Hey I have got 2 methods for you to unlock the phone. so he choice is yours with which you want to go ahead. So here comes the solution for you. Well I would be interested to give you the method which involves ADB Shell for unlocking the phone. if you want it then you can get it from android developers . Follow the steps I am giving you out here

- Open up the command prompt and then go to the directory of ADB.exe for an example you can this given location for reference C :\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools.

- Connect your phone to the pc and esure that "USB Debugging" is enabled.

- Put up the following commands in the command prompt
    Code:
    - adb shell
    - su
    - cat /dev/block/bml5>/sdcard/bml5.img
    - exit (2x)
    - adb pull /sdcard/bml5.img
    - after having performed all the steps its time to get the unlocker code get the HEXeditor which I have given you out in the attachment over here.

- Once you have downloaded the XVI32 Application open up the bml5.img file that we had mentioned in the command prompt.

- once you open up the image file you will be able to see a lot of strings surrounded by FF and OO. So to get through that type ctrl+F and select "Hex String" then put the string given over here in that box
    FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    - Hit the search button and it will start working on its own. Hit the F3 button so that you can find the appropriate 8 digits unlock code. Make sure you hit the button F3, couple number of times until and unless you get the appropriate unlock code.

- Once you have got the unlock code enter it somewhere.

- Now turn off the phone and remove the sim card that you have in the phone and replace it with the other sim card, probably I would say with some international sim card. when you enter that card it will ask for a unlock code.

- So you need to enter that first and then move ahead.

- Congratulations! You now own a unlock phone.

So if you are so worried about the above application affecting your phone’s performance then you can try out this simple unlocking method by me. It will be of great help for you.

Do try and let me know how does it work for you.

Well I have tried out that application called as Galaxy ace unlock and I have tried out in my galaxy ace it worked perfectly for me and I haven’t see any such kind of complications in the working of the phone that’s why no need to worry for me at all.

I should thank the developers for bringing up with such a great app that redefines the unlocking of the phone and I should appreciate your idea for bringing that particular app over here.