Thread: WiFi Enterprise 802.1x connection to HTC One S

WiFi Enterprise 802.1x connection to HTC One S

Does anyone test their HTC one S with WiFi Enterprise 802.1x? I would like to test as soon as possible and get results before buying one for me. In my school, the wifi connection ios based on the PEAP-MS-CHAP v2. I have tried to connect it with galaxy s (4.0.3) but it didn’t connect at all. Can anyone test it and confirm it for me?

Re: WiFi Enterprise 802.1x connection to HTC One S

Well I found how do I log in 802.1x. At least on the network that interest to know the academic and research network "eduroam". For those interested here is the manipulation:
    • In wifi settings click on "Add a wireless network", then fill as follows:

• Network SSID -> "eduroam"
    • Security -> "WPA-EAP"
    • EAP method -> "TTLS"
    • Authentication Phase 2 -> "PAP"
    • CA certificate -> ""
    • Client Certificate -> ""
    • Password for private key -> ""
    • Identity -> "user_name"
    • Anonymous -> ""
    • Password -> "pass_code"
    • Click "Save". That is, normally when you close the terminal you will be automatically logged eduroam.

802.1x for authentication is possible Using username and password and you must have a certificate installed (you can import the Magic, if necessary). Try asking your network administrator which settings should be used, perhaps referring to a PC with Linux (once known working configuration on Linux, you can probably replicate on Android). Also use the search function on Google and you will find a reference to a free app downloadable from the Market which can be very useful for setting up WiFi.

I want to connect to a WiFi network business operating with two certificates: Server and Staff. I have an HTC Desire Android 2.2, HTC official ROM. After retrieving the two certificates. I've imported via the "Install from SD Card" in "Security" settings. The problem is when configuring the connection to WiFi, I set the Security to "802.1x Enterprise" with EAP "TLS". Then I select my CA certificate but cannot select client certificate, the list is empty. I also want to delete an old certificate imported, how?

PEAP and EAP-SIM are two different protocols. Level source code of Android, the EAP-SIM is not implemented. CyanogenMod inherited this situation. The support of the EAP-SIM phones Samsung sold by Free comes from Samsung, not Android itself.