Thread: Does HTC One S offers full 16 GB storage as user memory?

Does HTC One S offers full 16 GB storage as user memory?

The HTC one S 16GB internal memory. So do we get complete 16 GB storage as user memory? I have doubt about it because I have seen in Galaxy S where it has 16 GB advertised memory but the user get around 13 GB. I don’t know whether other part of memory is reserved for system or something else. If this case is same for HTC one S, then it could be SAD because there is no SD card support for this phone.

Re: Does HTC One S offers full 16 GB storage as user memory?

Yes, unfortunately this is so. I was also annoyed because I did "blind" purchase (contract extension) the mobile phone. Well, I probably would have taken it even if I run that would have been researched. Too bad, this is definitely a step backwards. I think memory would have been available even more for this mobile.

The following thread gives you lot of information about HTC one S internal memory. Actually the thing is, the HTC one S memory is partitioned into 3 categories. One for System files like for OS, apps and data. It could be at least 2GB. The second partition is for Cache as a temporary storage for apps, browsers and other things. It could be no more than 1GB. The last partition is for DATA and the size is the remaining part. In your case it is 13GB. So other 3GB is divided for system OS.

How to Re-Partition HTC One S 16GB memory

I have looked into that thread and there I came to know that it is possible to reparation the internal storage in some Android phones but everyone has a doubt that whether it is possible to do it on HTC one S. The fact, in any Android phone it is not possible to re-partition the internal memory directly. You have to root the phone and for that it will need a Custom ROM. This is the same case for HTC one S.