Thread: SIM unlocking of HTC One S?

SIM unlocking of HTC One S?

Right now I am using the HTC one S but the problem is it is SIM locked phone because got it from a carrier. I want to unlock it now so that i can use this phone with any SIM. Do you think that it is very easy to unlock a network on HTC one S. Are there any imei unlock codes. I never had seen anyone who has successfully unlocked the phone yet.

Re: SIM unlocking of HTC One S?

In order to unlock the HTC One S, you have to purchase the unlock code so that it can able to SIM-unlock and then provide you a access of whatever SIM card from the other network carriers from any place. For remote unlocking using IMEI, the phone does not need any kind of cable and software. Once it is unlocked, you can use your phone on any cellular network, worldwide. There will not be any restrictions for you. In order to get unlock code, make sure that you are sending the proper IMEI number which consist of 15 or 17 digits. You can see this number by dialing *#06#. Some phone can unlock within 15 minutes but in some cases it may need up to 3 days

If your phone has more than three months, a call to customer service and they will unlock the phone. Do not flash the phone because it will not remove the SIM lock. I tried unlock code directly in Android, and it worked perfectly. Procedure is as follows:
    • Get the unlock code.
    • Start the phone with the new SIM card (Free) in it, instead of the original.
    • Insert the PIN of the new SIM card (to Free, default code 1234), then you will get the message "PIN code to unlock the SIM network".
    • Enter the code retrieved at the first step, and hop, unlocked phone, new network accepted.

I got HTC One S from UK, via carrier 3 Hutchinson. What would be the best site to get the unlock code for my phone? As there are many scam warnings on the net. Appreciate if i can get a specific site.

I got HTC One S from UK, via carrier 3 Hutchinson. What would be the best site to get the unlock code for my phone? As there are many scam warnings on the net. Appreciate if i can get a specific site.
    If you want then you can check out the xda developers site, they might help you out with the same.