Thread: How to restart HTC one S safely when it freezes

How to restart HTC one S safely when it freezes

I am thinking about installing custom ROMs in HTC One S, so that it can get root access. With the root access I can able to install whatever app I need and do some other things. I have heard that custom ROMs can be unstable and it can randomly freeze your phone. At this time you cannot the pull out the battery directly. It is not safe. So is there any other way which will able to securely reboot the phone?

Re: How to restart HTC one S safely when it freezes

It is really terrible that there is no option to directly pull out the battery from this phone because you have to disassemble the phone to take out the attached battery. This is side-effect of a non-removable battery. But you can restart the phone with a long press of power button. Most devices like iPod/Phone, in which we cannot remove battery will be able to restart in this manner. I am not talking about the reset function here. It is different than long pressing power button. Resetting the phone requires combination of few buttons along with power button.

Re: How to restart HTC one S safely when it freezes

Yes the HTC has claimed that their phones will forcefully shot down when we hold the power button for a certain amount of time. I don’t know whether this features is coded in Hardware or software but I am quite sure that this work on many devices. When the phone freezes, it is always not necessary to reboot the phone. There could be some other options. When the phone freezes, continually press the power button and it may come back normal. Otherwise try to get access to the task manager. If It opens, then kill the apps or tasks which get freezes. This way you can bring back the phone to normal condition without forcefully rebooting the phone.