Thread: Your thoughts in HTC One S PenTile screen

Your thoughts in HTC One S PenTile screen

Hi all,

I have lost my HD2 last week and now I want to purchase a new phone. There are many of the option in the market but I am unsure that which one will be better for me. I am thinking to get any one of HTC One S and One X. I am more concern about the HTC One S and so want some suggestion from you people. If you people can provide me some information regarding this then I will be really thankful for all the replies for this. What I don’t like about the phone is that it is having the non removable battery and that is the worst part of the phone. I am not able to understand that what is the reason behind this.

Re: Your thoughts in HTC One S PenTile screen

The HTC One S is a very nice phone to consider and I am sure that you will never regret your purchase of this phone. And as we all know that they they have made this phone very thin and light. This is the main attraction of this phone for users and to make this possible they have made none removable battery in that that consumes more space. But I don’t think that you will need to remove the battery in any case. I am also using the same phone and that is running very well without any problem. The only disadvantage that I found about this phone is the lack of a SD-card slot but still there are a lot of people who really do not brother about this. They are happy with the looks and features of the phone. So you must read for the specification for the phones and then only make any decision. If you have any doubt about the phone then you can directly ask that here otherwise you can also query the same to the dealer form where you bought that.

If we compare these phones then here are the three main differences that you will find with the phone
    • Size: I would like to tell you that the HTC One S is of better sized as compared to the one x. I don’t kow about others but I really do not liked the phone that is more than 4.5". Other than this, he black ceramic also seem to be very beautiful. On the other hand the One X is also not bad but I found that the vulcano-shaped camera is very ugly for me.
    • Cost: you will get the HTC One S with a bit cheaper as compared to HTC One X.
    • Display: here the HTC One S wines and this is because the HTC One X is leading.

There are always some advantage and disadvantage with any of the device and this is the same case with the HTC One S. I am listing some advantage and disadvantage that I felt about this.

Advantages:
    • It is having outstanding contrast
    • You will get True Black color with the phone.
    • The 4.3" is a good PPI but not excellent and this indicate that this will be sharp but it could be better
    • Battery is also very good

Disadvantages:
    • Text is not very sharp
    • This does not matter that what is the calibration of the phone but phone screen will be whitish
    • If you surf in web then it will consume more battery and make the battery life shorter.
    • Poor performance in shiny days when we compare this with other LCD screens

My brother is using the same phone and I found that the screem is very much similar to the motorola razr and I don’t like the screen. All the other features of the phone is quite good but the screen is the worst part of the phone. I am not able to understand that how do they didn’t paid attention to that. If you use this phone then you will find that colors are also not very accurate and some of the times it looks the worst. I have seen some of the times that there is red background with the text on that. Other than this all the functions are quite good and just because of that I am not getting this phone. If they can make any solution for this issue then I am sure that there will be increase in the number of users of this phone to a great amount.

I have seen the phone and I cans say that the pentile SAMOLED ksi good but that is not the best. I am using the Galaxy S and that is really good to use. Anyways, if you see the details of this phone on gsmarena then you will get that they have given the pentile screen on the phone is better than the older pentile screen but I don’t think that this is true. According to the HTC, they have used some of the tech for the screen and that leads to better pentile SAMOLED. There are many other choices for you in this range, if you are not concerned about the screen then you can surely go for that.