Thread: HTC One S cannot stream an album off Drop Box

HTC One S cannot stream an album off Drop Box

I don’t know whether I am missing anything here but it seems to me that it is not possible to stream an album off drop box using my HTC one S. I have updated few music folders in my Drop Box account last night. I can see all my music but I cannot play them or stream them. Is there any option which I should enable to stream?

Re: HTC One S cannot stream an album off Drop Box

HTC One S previously comes with Integrated Dropbox. By this you will always have access to your photos, videos, and documents whenever and wherever you want. It is also possible for you to view and edit them using your phone or computer or any other devices where you have Dropbox access. If you are getting any problem with it, it would be better to use Google music as an alternative since Drop BoX source may not available in your country.

The HTC unveiled that Dropbox will be tied with HTC Sense 4.0 user interface and so you don’t need to struggle with settings later on. By this you will get easy access to the Dropbox . You can swiftly upload and retrieve anything just using your smartphone without sitting in front of your computer. I think that the Dropbox service is not same as the iCloud for Apple devices. Using icloud you can stream anything directly but this may not be the case with Drop Box. There might be certain limitations which will restrict your from playing music or album. Although it is also possible that streaming is not allowed only through the mobile phones. Did you try in your computer? If you can stream properly in your computer, then it should be the problem with phone itself.

I choose DropBox neither for consumer nor for businesses purposes. It may not be the right choice for mobile phones for now. The dropbox integration is newly introduced in HTC with the launch of HTC Sense 4.0. So it is still in initial process and it is not the complete and final option yet. The developer might not have a took a look around it is functionality and limitations with smartphones. Right now, the only things you can see is folders and its contents inside the Dropbox. You cannot access it or retrieve it in any manner using your HTC one S. for now, I would tell you to report this issue to HTC so that they can find a quick solution.

As far as I know that the Dropbox will not allow you to directly access contents stored inside it. You have to provide access to the folders or whatever things stored in it so that it can be accessed from any devices and anywhere. However if you restricted the access or forgotten to provide access, then it may not be possible to read or stream it from other devices since you have uploaded it using your computer. If it is not the case, then make sure that your HTC one S is linked always with Drop Box. Even if it is disconnected or not linked, then you will see folders and its files since it is already updated in the client side but you cannot stream through it. They are just a image. So to get streaming through the DRopBox you should always be connected to the Dropbox account.