Thread: Wifi Shutdown Fix for HTC One S in standby mode

Wifi Shutdown Fix for HTC One S in standby mode

Previously HTC One S users are complaining that their phone’s wi-fi disables automatically when the phone went to standby mode. Some experts said that the phone should be rooted in order to solve this problem but later one user had found that there is an app in the Android play store named 'Advanced Wifi Lock (Free)'. If you install this on your phone, it will automatically going to fix your problem and you don’t need to root the phone at all.

Re: Wifi Shutdown Fix for HTC One S in standby mode

When I had the same issue I looked for something in the settings. Settings-> Wireless-> "left enabled WLAN in standby mode = always" more-> and then again directly underneath the "Enable best wireless performance," then has the problem solved for me. I guess that's for wireless networks that are thought to be weak in order to save battery.

My wireless only spins around when I'm farther away than 10 meters from the router then it loses the connection and connects to 5 sec. then it goes back quite often. But now this issue has been fixed with the solution told in XDA forums. After all, my device connects again within 2-3 seconds with the WLAN, after I have forgiven a fixed IP in the settings. Previously, the connection lasted several minutes.

Yes. The wifi issue seems quite common with all HTC users. In some countries people have reported that when they put a SIM card only Android 4.0 device, the wifi does not work as it should. Later it found that the issue with Wifi country code specifically. But the fix came in the form of app only, not by any firmware update or patch for ICS. I don’t know for what reason but if you are using a rooted phone, you can install that apk, and get the app SU permissions. This app run at startup and fix the issue with wifi. We have to get work done with this app until there is a official fix from the HTC or Android side. .

Some HTC Android devices appear to suffer (or had) a WiFi security leak. The Taiwanese manufacturer said part of the problem devices are already equipped to have a fix, but it is still not completely resolved. The bug gave any application that uses the ACCES_WIFI_STATE process (among other things meant for apps that want to use the WiFi connection on your device) to access the WiFi passwords. According to HTC, there will be at least a fix rolled out to all devices that suffer from this WiFi leak.