Thread: Very bad Toshiba service for Water Damage

Very bad Toshiba service for Water Damage

I am very irritated in the service I have have got from toshiba. I had given money for a system safety package with damage waiver and expedited handling. My bad luck that I spilled water on the keyboard. Hence, I send it for repair. I was ought to get the box past night, which stated receipt by last Wednesday , however I got it on Tuesday.Presently, the status is displaying in repair.I got to know that they are changing the lid.I am unable to understand the reason. The issue is with the keys, which I had stated on the Depot tag -- WATER DAMAGE. Any help friends will be really appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Very bad Toshiba service for Water Damage

Repair centers are not recognized for replacing parts that do not require replacing, particularly when it is a guarantee patch up, there is no currency in that. Be happy that the technician observed whatsoever it was and prearranged the new-fangled lid, it may have caused you troubles later if he had not. The lid is not merely a hunk of plastic, it has electronic components on it, approximating the function keys and such. I hope my post enlightens you.

In my case I had verified it over previous to sending. There would not have been anything wrong with the lid. I am not saying he or she must have done it unreasonably, merely that I have received repairs back with the wrong thing substituted earlier than with additional OEMs. It in all probability is an inexpert technician, who does not astonish me. Nevertheless it appears that they did not perform whatever thing in addition, which in addition gives me apprehensions.

Up until a current spill of a very small amount of water on my 6 month old Toshiba Satellite L675D keyboard I had been very proud of this models features. Not only did the characteristics advertise the Toshiba Satellite L675D although the answer I established by helping others get support with refurbish troubles. I do not criticize for the reason that I have around $12,000.00 invested into computers and a 5 month old $700 laptop and a quoted charge by Toshiba guarantee renovate answering service of $300.00 plus to repair is rather sharp!

I would like to join the discussion here and give my inputs. Basically, the thing is that they will not be substituting the lid except the technician observes somewhat when he detached it that completed it indispensable also. If he prearranged a lid, it wanted a new-fangled lid for a number of cause. On a whole, my recommendations will that you should talk to Customer Service and not tech support. I feel that they will surely guide you in a proper direction.

Hey dude, my implication will be that you should never go for toshiba devices. They never fancy me anymore as I have had a really bad experience with them. You can go for HP or in that case Asus also. They are just superb as compared to toshiba. Even the services are just eye catching. Hence, in future just take care that you never go for them. In the end, the decision is upon you. I am hoping that you follow my advise. Good luck.

Horrible service from Toshiba repair

I am totally unsatisfied with the Toshiba laptop repair service. My cat unfortunately urinated on my laptop keyboard. I went to the Toshiba repair site and very clearly noted when I sent them a request for repair that this is what had happened. They asked for $119 and sent me a box to send it to them. With the box came a paper asking that I include a power cord with it as that would make their work easier. I included a power cord and noted on the inventory that I had included a power cord. A few days later I got a very self-righteous call from some male underling there stating in a pissy voice that they wouldn't even TRY to fix the computer because it smelled like cat urine. You don't say!!! When I complained to him, he admitted that I had noted prior to sending it that a cat had urinated on the keyboard and that's why I was sending it...but now I have to put up with their self-righteous attitude...they are too prissy to even open it up because it smells like cat urine. So okay, they sent it back to me. I complained about the $119 so they "only" charged me $30 for shipping. I wouldn't even have sent it to them if they'd told me up front that they were too pure to open a keyboard with cat urine gunk in it. When I got the computer back, it did not have a power cord. I called and complained, and they told me I hadn't sent one!!! Well, I did. They just lost it or something. I asked that they send me one, and of course they didn't. I asked that they refund my $30, and of course they didn't. My son subsequently easily replaced the keyboard with one I bought on ebay for $15. He didn't seem to have any trouble doing this, and he didn't die of the horrific biozardous danger of cat urine either. These Toshiba repair guys are total losers.