Thread: Micro Arc Oxidation fault in HTC One S during production

Micro Arc Oxidation fault in HTC One S during production

Today I have got brand new HTC one S in my hand. While looking at the body of the smartphone, I have noticed some faults in outer panel’s ceramic surface. It looks like a serious problem because after several days of usage, the phone my loose all its shiny and glossy thing over the panel. And then makes the phone looks 10 year old. When I search for this on Google, it is explained that the problem with Micro Arc Oxidation, either it s a complete failure or just a minor one. Hope that it is not a major problem with the production technology.

Re: Micro Arc Oxidation fault in HTC One S during production

I don’t think that it is really a Micro Arc Oxidation problem. It would be just a minor damage on your phone during the production or manufacturing process. If you have bought it recently, you can send it for RMA and get the replacement. Make sure that you should always check the phone properly when you buy it from retail store. If the package is already opened or broken, don’t buy that one.

The HTC One S panel is made up of thin ceramic surface. It is a new technology which we can see in aircraft-grade aluminum. But now this material is 5x stronger than aerospace aluminum and also 3x stronger than steel. So I think that it is not necessary to buy any protective case for this phone. Many users already discussed about this and I don’t think that it is some kind of production flaw related to the micro-arc oxidation with all HTC one S phones. It could be possible that the ceramic surface is simply cannot able to hold the aluminum cover or panel properly.

I don’t see a serious matter here unless it is a told by the HTC itself. At rest, HTC is silent and didn’t make any comment over this yet. So I hope that it is not a production problem or a Micro Arc oxidation failure. So far I have seen only one phone with this problem whilst other users didn’t tell a thing regarding this. HTC might be investigating the situation. Stay tuned now. If HTC is ready to make good on this failure or fault, the customer could return their crippled phones and get a replacement. So don’t worry, there is always an option for you.