Thread: Broken 4GB Flash Drive: Need Help

Broken 4GB Flash Drive: Need Help

Hi I stumbled onto this forum after looking for help on how to fix my broken 4GB Geek Squad flash drive.Glad I found it.

I accidentally dropped my laptop and it fell right on my flash drive.The case broke away and the silver thing was bent.I tried to put it back together and the thing snapped off.I tried to tape it back up and plug it in but it only worked once while I was holding it,even then I got a message saying it didn't recognize it.

I couldn't get the connectors to connect so I looked and tried this tecnique.:

Sorry it it's not clear enough as I took it with the built in web cam on my laptop.But it broke like this guys:

please help in taking backup from USB flash drive

It worked and the orange light lights up but it still says it doesn't recognize it.It doesn't show up.I have another one as you can see in the pick and just need it to work long enough to move my files over.

Waiting to know what to do next

I've only had this for a few months so I'll be carefull next time and get me one of those mini flash drives that doesn't stick out.

I'm using an HP Pavillion g series laptop running Windows 7.
    Last edited by Raj; 18-04-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: External Links Not allowed

Re: Broken 4GB Flash Drive: Need Help

This can be done via soldering iron. The 4 connectors at the start needs to be connected properly with the sliver connector. You can fix it but there are special equipment needed for the same. The drive looks entirely broken. More it looks that it is opened up. In my views if you do not have any important data get a new one.