Thread: Htc one s Snapdragon S4 vs Htc one x Tegra 3

Htc one s Snapdragon S4 vs Htc one x Tegra 3

I think that the HTC One X is one of the biggest device of today but then there are two versions of the phone, where one is "4-PLUS-1" Tegra 3 which is having no LTE support where as the other with new Snapdragon S4 (dual-core) and having support for AT&T's LTE, so here in just wanted to know that which one will be faster Snapdragon S4 or the Tegra 3, what do you guys think about the same??

Re: Htc one s Snapdragon S4 vs Htc one x Tegra 3

I think that the HTC One X is one of the biggest device of today but then there are two versions of the phone, where one is "4-PLUS-1" Tegra 3 which is having no LTE support where as the other with new Snapdragon S4 (dual-core) and having support for AT&T's LTE, so here in just wanted to know that which one will be faster Snapdragon S4 or the Tegra 3, what do you guys think about the same??
    I think that depends on the aspect what you are comparing them, I mean that by now we know the per core performance of the Snapdragon S4 is appearing to be quite higher as compared to the Tegra 3, as per the synthetic benchmarks which basically distribute the load on the cores equally is favoring the htc one x but then I think that in real life the Snapdragon S4 will be faster as they do not scale to multiple cores. I was really looking after quad core cpu's in smartphones but then for now I am preferring Snapdragon S4 over Tegra 3, the thing that I personally think will be making the Snapdragon S4 winner is the per core performance and the battery life, I am really waiting down to check out the first browser speed comparisons for now.

I agree to you on that if it is about the single-threaded applications but if not then the Tegra 3 will be winning over Snapdragon S4 in all the possible way of using the 3 or 4 cores, If you want then you can think of using DMIPs as it will give the result according to the real world situations rather than just the benchmarks, I don’t think that the benchmarks are always true, If it is about the battery life then I will say that Snapdragon S4 will be better, this is what I think Tegra 3 - 2.5 DMIPs x 4, Snapdragon S4 - 3.3 DMIPs x 2. I will be picking up the one s this week and will let you know the true fact.

I really think that one should go for processor giving a better single-threaded performance, I mean the Snapdragon S4 but then if you have cases like computational modeling, server stuff and media then you should go for slower speed and more core CPU, there are some more details that can be checked out to know how good power gating as well as power slewing will be on Snapdragon S4 but then if you compare it overall then I think that one should really go for dual core with better single threaded performance as it will be giving better I/O performance and memory performance.

Even I think that the Snapdragon S4 will be faster because I have found that most of the applications today are not optimized for more than 2 cores I mean that you can just compare this with the desktops programs which are not optimized to use more than 4 cores, as far as my knowledge and what I have came across so far Qualcomm's Snapdragon 4 is really faster for clock and it won’t be just faster but then it will be energy efficient as well because of its lower manufacturing process, I have also found that they are having a quad core SoC which we will be seeing soon in tablets but then I am really waiting eagerly to check out the performance of the Samsung next Exynos chip.