Thread: HTC vanilla ICS browser vs native browser

HTC vanilla ICS browser vs native browser

I have been using iPhone by now but then I am really impressed with the HTC One S and the reason behind this is because the ICS is finally supporting full OpenGL ES rendering in their browser as well as the user interface , I have heard that the HTC devices have their own branded theme and the same get bundled with their browser instead of the vanilla ICS browser, where as the vanilla ICS browser is now having the option for enabling full OpenGL ES render path which will be making the browser perform faster, so I just wanted to know that is HTC's native browser having the same settings? Or it has been already tested out for enabling OpenGL ES rendering and if not then will there be any option for changing the default browser to a vanilla ICS chrome browser and so?? Is there anyone who has an idea about all this??

Re: HTC vanilla ICS browser vs native browser

I have been using iPhone by now but then I am really impressed with the HTC One S and the reason behind this is because the ICS is finally supporting full OpenGL ES rendering in their browser as well as the user interface , I have heard that the HTC devices have their own branded theme and the same get bundled with their browser instead of the vanilla ICS browser, where as the vanilla ICS browser is now having the option for enabling full OpenGL ES render path which will be making the browser perform faster, so I just wanted to know that is HTC's native browser having the same settings? Or it has been already tested out for enabling OpenGL ES rendering and if not then will there be any option for changing the default browser to a vanilla ICS chrome browser and so?? Is there anyone who has an idea about all this??
    As far as I am aware it is the same Ice Cream Sandwich browser but then this time it is having HTC Sense themed over it, I think that the code inside the browser will be different but then if you will be enabling 'Full 2D GPU Rendering' by going in to the developer setting then the browser will be having it, Even I am having a question in my mind and I wanted to know if there is a way by which we will be able to disable the Sense Theme or run vanilla ICS, I have checked out some previous HTC releases and have found that the earlier versions were having a very slow UI. So I just wanted to know if it is possible to disable the Sense Theme or we will have to go for custom ROM? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I have been using HTC Sensation and I have successfully removed the Sense Theme and for that you will have to unlock bootloader and then install custom ROM after root access, I think that this will be the same with One S as well, currently I am using Android Revolution HD but then some noSense script has been applied after installing the rom. Anyways if you want then you can unlock the bootloader from the HTC Dev website as well as they are having a solution for rooting there, I think that the only solution to get rid of the sense is flashing an AOSP rom, the reason why sense roms is going popular because a no of people has started using HTC for sense, I am willing to try out the AOSP in general but then I am hesitating a bit because I have heard that the AOSP will remove the HTC camera app and I really don’t want to lose the camera app as I really like the burst mode of it. With asop once will be able to use different launcher for eg Apex launcher which is probably based on the stock android launcher.

Hey thanks for sharing that but then I just wanted to know if I will be using the launcher method then will it just help me out to get rid of the UI Sense home? Forcing me to use other HTC Sense features for eg the HTC style multitasking and so, if yes then it will be very disappointing as I prefer the original ICS, I really like the phone design and the form factor but then as the camera's output is too soft, I think that the HTC sense will result in to a burden for the ICS, what do you think about the same??? Is there anyone else who has tried using different launcher?? Suggestions regarding this will be appreciated.