Thread: How to pull out the battery of HTC One S

How to pull out the battery of HTC One S

I have recently bought HTC One S and I know that it is having a built in battery but then I have flashed the latest rom and since then phone keeps hanging and I am not allowed to pull out the battery of the phone to reset it and get rid of the issue, I was using desire previously and there I was able to pull out the battery in such cases, so I just wanted to know that is there any way by which I can hard reset the device? Or pull out the battery??

Re: How to pull out the battery of HTC One S

I have recently bought HTC One S and I know that it is having a built in battery but then I have flashed the latest rom and since then phone keeps hanging and I am not allowed to pull out the battery of the phone to reset it and get rid of the issue, I was using desire previously and there I was able to pull out the battery in such cases, so I just wanted to know that is there any way by which I can hard reset the device? Or pull out the battery??
    No pulling out the battery is not possible in HTC One S as it is having built in battery like the apple iphones if you are facing freezing issues with the phone then you can just hold power + volume down for 5 seconds approximately and at this time all the three spft buttons will flash and will restart the phone in the boot loader and this should help you out in solving the freezing issue until it occurs again, just try out the same and then let me know if it is helping, do not try to pull out the battery of the phone as it will damage the phone and you will run in to some serious issues, the freezing and the battery issue is common amongst the ones who flash their device rom and that is the reason it is not recommended, anyways try out the solution that I have mentioned and then post back the result that you get.

There are two methods of resetting the phone and they are as followed:
    Resetting the phone from the phone settings:
    First just slide the Slide the Notifications panel and open it up and then tap on the settings option, after that tap on the Storage > Factory data reset and finally tap on Reset phone followed by Erase everything.
    Resetting the phone using hardware buttons:
    If you are not able to access the settings in case the phone freezes then you can still rest the phone using hardware buttons on HTC One S, you just have to follow the below simple steps for the same:
    First just Press and hold down the VOLUME DOWN button and after that Press and hold down the POWER button at the same time
    Release the buttons when you get a screen with the three android images and after that you can use the VOLUME DOWN for selecting the FACTORY RESET option and then just press the POWER button and you are done.
    Just try it out and if you have any further issues then let me know, I will try to help you further with it.

Yes you can very well try out the above solutions for the device freezing issue but then I just wanted to inform you here that doing a Factory reset will be deleting all the data and customized settings from your phone permanently, it will be removing all the applications that you might have downloaded and installed from somewhere, so before trying out this solution just make sure that you are taking a backup of all the data that you need, since your phone is freezing I don’t think that you will be able to try out the “Resetting the phone from the phone settings” method so you will have to try out “Resetting the phone using hardware buttons”. Best of luck.