Thread: MID tablet not connecting to the Home Wifi

MID tablet not connecting to the Home Wifi

Hello everyone out here I am asking for some help from you all. Well I had got this particular tablet from MID I can’t remember the model number sorry for that so what I am saying here is that my tablet is not connecting to the home wifi. Really fussy about this problem. I took my tablet to the friends home and there I was using the wifi at his place. Now when I came back home and started using the wifi at my place then the internet is not getting connected at all. Do you all know what is the problem with the tablet. There is no other problem with the tablet the thing is that I am not able to use the internet via. Wifi .so what do you all think about the same. have you all faced such problems with your tablet as well, please let me know about it as soon as possible. I am waiting for the response.

Re: MID tablet not connecting to the Home Wifi

I think you might have selected your friend’s wifi as default connection and you might have forgotten to change or delete that connection and hence the connection has not been accepted by your tablet which is present at your place. So first go and delete the connection at your friends place. I am sure your problem will be solved. However the next time when you are coming up with the problem please make sure that you specify the specifications of the tablets properly like clearly mention the tablets model number and also which operating system are you using and other specifications how much is the ram, memory and all. So do try with the solution that I have given you and let me know if it works for you or not.

unsure Re: MID tablet not connecting to the Home Wifi

So how do I delete the connection and set up the wifi connection with my home network in this tablet? I am sorry that I did not mention the actual specification of the tablet well my table is mid 8505 and it is a android 2.2 tablet with 512MB RAM and I think 16GB internal memory, what else do you need to know from me?

However do throw some light to the question that I have asked here and give the appropriate response. I am waiting for your reply.

I am amazed that you don’t know how to setup the wifi connection so from where have you got the wifi connection in the earlier tablet? that’s what I want to know I am sure somebody would have helped you to do that. However to setup the connection with your home’s wifi hotspot then what you need to do is

- Go to the settings. In that wireless and network.
    - Inside the wireless and network go to the wifi settings.
    - Now check for the existing connection in the tablet and I am sure your home’s wifi connection will come up.
    - If you have enabled some password or something than it will ask for some password enter the necessary details out there. Now you can set up the wifi connection, its that simple.
    - In order to delete the saved connection then in the wireless and connection option check out for the saved connections and if you can find it then delete the existing connection. That’s how it is done.

Do let me know if this particular solution of mine did work for you or not. Give a try for the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawannah View Post
    I am amazed that you don’t know how to setup the wifi connection so from where have you got the wifi connection in the earlier tablet? that’s what I want to know I am sure somebody would have helped you to do that. However to setup the connection with your home’s wifi hotspot then what you need to do is

- Go to the settings. In that wireless and network.
    - Inside the wireless and network go to the wifi settings.
    - Now check for the existing connection in the tablet and I am sure your home’s wifi connection will come up.
    - If you have enabled some password or something than it will ask for some password enter the necessary details out there. Now you can set up the wifi connection, its that simple.
    - In order to delete the saved connection then in the wireless and connection option check out for the saved connections and if you can find it then delete the existing connection. That’s how it is done.

Do let me know if this particular solution of mine did work for you or not. Give a try for the same.
    I did try that but don’t know what is the problem I am not able to see any kind of wifi connection at my place? Is there some kind of virus activity going on in my tablet such that it is behaving in such a manner. What do you all think about it?

I did try setting up the new wifi connection after having deleted the old connection that I had set up at my friends place than also no wifi connection, what is the problem with this tablet. I should have seriously not got this tablet and I am paying the price for such a wrong decision made by me. Anyways what do you think what can be the possibility over here, can you all please tell me something about it. I need your reply on the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithi View Post
    I did try that but don’t know what is the problem I am not able to see any kind of wifi connection at my place? Is there some kind of virus activity going on in my tablet such that it is behaving in such a manner. What do you all think about it?

I did try setting up the new wifi connection after having deleted the old connection that I had set up at my friends place than also no wifi connection, what is the problem with this tablet. I should have seriously not got this tablet and I am paying the price for such a wrong decision made by me. Anyways what do you think what can be the possibility over here, can you all please tell me something about it. I need your reply on the same.
    Hey first have a check about the following things that I am giving you over here
    - First you need to check whether your wifi hotspot is on or not. do have a proper check about the same.
    - Check if other wifi networks are getting detected or not in your nearby areas.
    - Check whether the wifi router is a built in router or is that directly built in the laptop. Do note that if you are using ad-hoc setup in your wifi then the android tablet will not be able to detect the wifi connection. So how to solve this problem? Download connectify and then install it in the tablet that will solve the problem for you.
    - Also try doing a factory data rest that also helps to some extent. In case if you don’t know how to do that then let me help you with the same. go to the settings in that SD and inside phone storage. Go to the factory data reset. See if that solves the problem or not for you.

Yes that should solve the problem for you. Even I had the similar problem as yours but by doing a factory reset everything started working for me. Now in case if the above solution does not work for you. I would ask you to go to the nearest service center and get it solved. That will be a helpful thing for you. So do try that in case if nothing is working for you.