Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012

HTC One S is not having GLONASS support.

I have checked out the HTC One S and I am really liking the same but then I had an doubt regarding the GLONASS support as I was getting varying answers for it but then now I have contacted them and they said that the S4 chip has hardware support for GLONASS but then they have not yet enabled the same in their software.
Old 12-04-2012

Re: HTC One S is not having GLONASS support.

Quote:
I have checked out the HTC One S and I am really liking the same but then I had an doubt regarding the GLONASS support as I was getting varying answers for it but then now I have contacted them and they said that the S4 chip has hardware support for GLONASS but then they have not yet enabled the same in their software.
I don?t think that there is much to worry about the same anyways I just wanted to share that I have made a gps test that you can try out and it is that you can just have 11-13 satellites in view with locked onto 8-9. I have tested out the same with this the reported accuracy is12 feet and I think that it quite perfect, I have tested out the same in galaxy s and even though the gps was bad for most of the time the trick that I have mentioned is helping a lot, but then I just wanted to add that at my place the GPS satellites is quite low on the horizon and that is the reason the GLONASS is making a huge difference, I am willing to get Sony in the near days.
Old 13-04-2012

Re: HTC One S is not having GLONASS support.

Yes the HTC One series of phones - X, S, V is not having GLONASS support the One S and V is not having NFC but then One X is having it, anyways I am willing to get galaxy s and since you are a galaxy s user I just wanted to know that how better is it I mean as far as the quick lock on, accuracy in the cities and the consistency is concerned?? I also wanted to know that how many satellites do the one s owners can have in the GPS test, can you just explain the same in numbers, I mean that I have heard that htc one s owners can have more than 15 but then I am not that sure about the same, any help for the above doubts will be highly appreciated.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,