Thread: Need suggestion on Giani Digital Mipal tablet

Need suggestion on Giani Digital Mipal tablet

Hi guys
    I need help here I was told that I got one table for the office use , this is a new Android Tablet that I never heard the name in my life that why I am little concern on the make of this tablet as I can find any reference anywhere except some of the obscure marketing company. Well the name of the tablet is the on Giani Digital Mipal tablet and it is running with the Android 1.6. like to tell you at first look this tablet don’t seems that bad although when I am using this tablet on the home WiFi hub the speed is little less that what I have expected while browsing on the provided browser. . is there anyone here knows anything about this tablet can help me to know some thing about this tablet I will be really appreciating this

Thanks in advance

Re: Need suggestion on Giani Digital Mipal tablet

That really an awful tablet that still runs on the android 1.6 with a few exceptions. And lie to tell you that if you able to pay less that the $150 for this then it will be a great expensive paperweight. See if there is any way that you can install that application named the Android System Info that is from the electric sheep which can able to tell you the chips and the RAM can able to support an upgrade. By this technical specification. There is lot of basically the same tablet out there that can be upgraded . Hope this tablet goes very good for you

Hi

I have a question that I like to ask here , I am also given the same tablet on my office as well and I need to know that is it possible to upgrade the tablet by nay chance I can provide you with this specification here it is

• The CPU is via 8505
    • The operating system is Google Android 1.6
    • RAM 128 MB
    • The Wi-Fi is 802.11 b/g
    • LAN has the 10/100M Ethernet Access
    • One USB 2.0
    • Samsung 2GB NANO Flash (up to 8GB) storage
    • Display resolution is 800 X 400
    • Has the In Built Speaker
    • Camera is 0.3 Megapixel
    • 1400mAH battery
    • 1GB - 32GB TF Card Support
    • Inbuilt microphone

Is it possible to update the CPU/OS/Storage? I would really like to know these thanks

I have the same issue . I have got this tablet for free so I am not that bothered about the performance of the tablet at the moment , I am just using this tablet for thr kindle application but I certainly like to upgrade this tablet to the latest android OS possibly 2.1 , the information of the tablet shows that

• Model number as generic
    • Operating System is ANDROID 1.6
    • kernel 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
    • build no. WMT2.710Cu

is it possible that I can use the Rom that matches the kernal and the build no and also I would like to know here that is there any ROM that can make the android Market application to work as at the moment that application is not working on the tablet . I will be really appreciate if anyone here help me on this

Unfortunately most of the in-store budget tablets are dire for speed. Nonetheless Opera Mini or Opera Mobile could build slow devices quite practical. I don’t recognize if you'll try this, however personally speaking if it were mine, i might explore sticking a Linux distro on it. If it's doable. however i am like that. Android is basically a Lunux Distro Ka_El. and doubtless the sole practical one for this device barring an recent CE five firmware which can or might not be accessible semi-legit.I doubt that even you'll install/find a distro for it. If the pill is employed for web, an eBook reader and maybe paying attention to music then it'll do the work. i do know my pad is Android 1.6 and has not got all the bells and whistles of different pads, however it will those 3 things and will them well. If you wish to try to to anything i would perpetually suggest a laptop anyway!

yes i do know this. You are talking regarding Linux, not Android, which can be as bloated as the other proprietary system little question. Having a fast Google around shows several have tried to support proper distros put in with varying success. . it's extremely underpowered, thus why they might wish to place Ubuntu or Mint on it's beyond . it will slow to a crawl running Gnome or KDE. The one guy I found who had had some success had installed Debian with Fluxbox on it. This runs in 30 Mb of RAM, and would be my initial alternative personally, though it can be a difficult deal for a newbie to put in it. i would like to have a go!

It's not like that, however no matter you're thinking that. I had it around primarily for gaming, however as i do not fancy gaming on the computer the maximum amount as I used to, it does not get a lot of use. I did not get it with the intention of not using it. I simply found over time that on behalf of me i do not really want Windows like i believed i'd, like several do, and it isn't very an important part of my computer as imagined it might be. Anyway, this thread is not regarding me. I've seen these low cost tablets in Maplin, and i am aware they need a restricted spec, however I quite fancy obtaining one simply to do and obtain stuff performing on it. simply because it's restricted does not imply it's to be limiting in my opinion .

I have an Android pill with Android 1.6 on it, I got it a couple of year ago and as an eBook reader and for the net it's fast and quite usable, even flash works well. there isn't any reason the net ought to be slow on it, attempt downloading totally different Browsers.

Like to tell you , Android could be a Linux distro, and a light-weight one at that, thus not a lot of purpose is changing it for one more distro. I realize it quite an honest OS once you get used to it, however 1.6 is currently obtaining recent, and compared to a 2.x on my HTC it's nearly a unique OS

If this Android OS is light-weight then i might personally rather use that, get used to it and settle for it for what it's than ought to mess regarding putting in different stuff. but if there are higher choices out there i might explore them, however like I say i am similar to that! This pill does not appear to own a good spec, however that does not mean it's to be worthless in my opinion .