Thread: External mouse or keyboard not recognized by the USB port of Kyros coby android tablet

External mouse or keyboard not recognized by the USB port of Kyros coby android tablet

I hope you all have read the title properly over here. Well here goes the problem of mine that I am facing right now in the tablet. I have the habit of connecting the external keyboard as well as the mouse while I am working with the tablet. now I am stuck with a particular problem the thing is that one day I had connected that external keyboard to the usb port of my laptop and when I unplugged it from there and plugged to the usb port of the tablet the tablet is not recognizing it anymore. Can you all believe it? Not even the usb mouse is getting recognized by the tablet. I was really shocked with such a behavior and hence I decided to connect it back again to the laptop and see if that makes any kind of difference or not but no I did not see any difference the usb keyboard and the mouse was recognized by the laptop. So that’s why I don’t think so the problem is with the hardware’s the problem has to be with the mid tablet only, I suppose the usb port has got damaged, that’s why it is giving such problems, anyways what do you all have to say about the same. can you please tell me. I am waiting for the response.

Re: External mouse or keyboard not recognized by the USB port of Kyros coby android tablet

Yes exactly I don’t think so there has to be any problem related to the hardware of the devices I am sure there was some changes in the settings doen that’s why it si behaving such weirdly. I would aks you to check in the settings if the usb mode is disabled or what? If it is disabled then you should change it and enable it. see as I am not so thorugh with this particular tablet that’s why I cant comment much on this still I would advise you to have a look at the settings and make the necessary changes. I hope this solution does helps you to some extent, that’s it from my side for you.

Re: External mouse or keyboard not recognized by the USB port of Kyros coby android tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Yes exactly I don’t think so there has to be any problem related to the hardware of the devices I am sure there was some changes in the settings doen that’s why it si behaving such weirdly. I would aks you to check in the settings if the usb mode is disabled or what? If it is disabled then you should change it and enable it. see as I am not so thorugh with this particular tablet that’s why I cant comment much on this still I would advise you to have a look at the settings and make the necessary changes. I hope this solution does helps you to some extent, that’s it from my side for you.
    Frankly speaking I cannot find any such thing in the settings the only options that I get in the settings are Nand Settings, SD Card Settings, and Scsi Settings and I have unchecked the USB debugging mode in the tablet. what else do I need to do as far as Nand Settings, SD Card Settings, and Scsi Settings are concerned then they are related to the storage what is it related with the usb drive? I am sure that there is some problem with the tablet only because I use the same usb cable for the laptop as well as the tablet. Then it should not be any problem with the usb cable as well. I am quite sure ot has to be the android tablet which is under the radar. So I need to throw it off or should I wait for some time? since without external keyboard and mouse I am really handicapped. I can’t use the tablet in that way. That’s why I am asking you all to comment over here on this. Waiting for the response from your side do reply accordingly over here.

I was just going through the coby forums to find some solution for your problem and there I found out that there is a option called as USB host mode which you can find under developer options. So do have a check about that first. I don’t know I am not a coby user I am sharing this information because I have read in that forums that’s why. Anyways do have a check and revert me back as soon as possible.

Ok thanks for the reply that you have given here. Well I did have a check about that and I could find the developer options but there is nothing as such usb host mode available out there, now what? As per your suggestions I also tried checking in some coby forums to see if I can get some solution from there or not but no. couldn’t find any help out there. I will try plugging in again with a short cable and see if I can get some difference from that hopefully it should work out. Otherwise throwing away the tablet is the only option that is left before me.

Surely appears to me as a problem with the usb drive as well anyways in such situation I would advise you to get the drivers updated first. Plug in your tablet to the pc and check out for the updates and then update it accordingly. One more thing that I would ask you to check is that your hardware’s and your tablet are connected to the powered usb hub or not? Otherwise sorry to say but your tablet won’t be able to power in any of the usb devices. So check out for that a very important thing and then update your tablet accordingly.

I am sure you will get to see the problems solved after that. All the best.

No not at all true with my device at all. Now why I am saying that is because I have read the manual of the tablet properly and there I have clearly read that we can use a usb mouse, keyboard and a flash drive both hard connect and wireless through cable. So connecting it through the usb power hub shouldn’t be considered as option every time we connect a usb device. Now you may be right as well as I think there must be some changes in the settings as well. as I had given this tablet to a friend of mine some hours ago and accidentally he might have made those changes. Anyways one of my friend has a Mass storage cable with a female usb connection one side and male usb connection on the other. I would once like to connect the external keyboard with that mass storage cable into my tablet and then see if there are some changes noticed in case if it does then I will make it a point to revert back to you all guys. That’s what I will do for sure. Anyways thanks for hearing me completely.

Ok do give a try for the same and in case if nothing works out then contacting the Coby support team would be a good option for you. That’s what I think so if you want then you can contact them and ask them about the possible way out for this.