Thread: Apps to draw on PDF files for tablet

Apps to draw on PDF files for tablet

Hi all, I don’t like to take the printout of all the PDF study material so that I can bring that to my class and make some notes on that. Now I am looking for some app that can let me to draw on the PDF files itself. I know that there are some of the apps available for this purpose but know less about them and so asking for some suggestion. If you have some recommendation for this then please post that over here. I will really appreciate each and every reply for this. I am eagerly waiting for the reply. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Apps to draw on PDF files for tablet

I think that the ezPDF Reader will be the best option for you: This application is roughly divided into four tabs as following:
    • My docs: Here is an ordinary file browser that can view the PDF files which are opened. In addition, there is a search and the usual features of a file explorer (eg cut, copy). For faster opening of files you can specify a home directory that is displayed after starting the app.
    • Recent: As the name suggests, you can look in the tab "Recent" all PDFs are opened recently. Instead of a normal list view, the developers here use a fancy bookcase that can make the whole look better. The "Book Cover" is the first page of the file.
    • All PDF: The tab "All PDF" keeps a list ready of all the folders in which files are PDF. With a tap on the folder name, fold down and out and all files can be selected from the list view.
    • Web Docs: Here lies a great feature, because from here you can open files from a URL or from Google Docs. This works just fine but it would be better if we can have the drop box support.

Main highlights of the ezPDF Reader is as follows:
    • Markers (circles, boxes, freehand drawing, arrows, text, images ...)
    • Zoom tool
    • Direct-dial page
    • Bookmarks
    • Full-text search
    • Markers import / export
    • Night Mode
    • Complete conversion to text

I would like to tell you that the Skitch is an application that lets you draw and add text on your photos, quickly and almost effortlessly. Whether joking with your friends to entertain, Skitch is very simple to use and the results are at the moment. This will also work with the PDF files. Everything has some good and bad points and this is true in case of the Skitch also. So I am listing the same over here. I hope that this will be helpful for you to get it understand the better. Other than this also, there are many of the other alternative which can do the same thing and you can search for such application in the android market.

Pros
    • Includes option to undo
    • Very simple and fast
    • Integrated with Evernote
    • Allows sharing on social networks

Cons
    • No templates

Yes, Skitch will be better option for you. The home screen of Android OS Skitch looks clear with an icon to take a photo, one to one to invite existing and one to start with a clean sheet. The work surface is clean and tidy. Small image changes are made quickly with the included tools. So you can expand with Skitch as a text or photographs or drawings to make small simple short notes and write down your thoughts. There is also a Crop function. In short, I can say that this is a nice little program and especially for users of Evernote, it is recommended. Thanks to Facebook and Twitter integration, you can share your photos without large detour with friends and acquaintances. I am sure that you are going to like this.

One of my most used apps is RepliGo Reader: I read almost all the PDFs with the help of this app only. The editing function has been significantly improved: a click in the context immediately gives you the options you have. The contextual editing options are adjusted: you do have the 'Search' (but it only searches in the accompanying Status page of the DUT), Select and Stickky Note. No ability to highlight sections of text. Sticky Notes you can paste it in and you can also provide color to your choice. Other options of rectangles and ovals etc are also available. If you dont want to use this other better alternative for you is to use the ezPDFD. This is also not a bad choice to make.

There is one more good alternative for you that you can consider is the Foxit PDF Reader. The program interface and main functions of Foxit Reader are very similar to the original. So you can bring up a page overview, turn to jump directly to specific pages, zoom the text and copy text passages as well as via the clipboard to other applications. If necessary, provides one PDF file with notes. In addition, the small application converts all PDF documents into plain text files. Unlike Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader will open PDF documents almost instantaneously. Even large and complex structure of the master files freeware pleasantly fast. The standard version is sufficient in terms of functionality Foxit Reader does not quite up to the big brother, Adobe, the bottom line is to be found in Foxit Reader but a good alternative to the heavyweight Adobe Reader.

I am happy with the VuDroid and I don’t think that I need something else as an alternative for this. VuDroid actually provides all the features you need for comfortable reading your PDF documents. Multi-touch zoom is supported and works absolutely smooth and error-free (you can press the zoom slider you still double tap off on the screen), direct selection of the site, continuous scrolling through pages and quick adjustment of alignment with automatic zoom when holding the phone in landscape mode. The speed of the page structure depends on the complexity of the document that you have opened but is generally fast and faster than a PDF viewer. Another thing I noticed is that much sharper text rendering in VuDroid as compared with PDF viewer. This is open source alternative to proprietary Adobe PDF reader.

You can go for any of the app that you like but never download the RepliGo Reader. I have tried with this and had the worst experience with it as compared to any of the other apps. Apart from this, all the other apps are good to consider and you can get any of those.