Thread: Email setup of Nokia Lumia 800

Email setup of Nokia Lumia 800

I recently purchased the nokia lumia 800 and was quite satisfied with its performance and my friends suggested to make a choice of this phone but I just took this phone so that i am accessible to net in an easy means. but i think i am messed up with it. So guys can you help me as I have attempted many posts to set up my gmail account on my Lumia 800 but was unsuccessful in my attempt. So are you guys having some idea regarding the same as I am not able to get any help from other forums. Please provide some definite solutions which will be helpful in my case. Can you assist .

Re: Email setup of Nokia Lumia 800

You also need to make sure that you login to GMail from a browser initially and you require to move in the settings and enable POP along with IMAP accounts. So after this your GMail account will be able to be configured on your Lumia 800. But to go in detail , I can add some more in your case, the phone should have configured it properly. You require to check though in Settings and then in the Email and accounts moving further to Google, that the boxes 'Email' along with 'Server needs to be encrypted SSL' are together ticked.make sure in addition that POP/IMAP email is facilitated on your Google account. It should be, but worth inspecting . in addition, you can then log into GMail from a browser, and then click on the settings cog, choose Settings and then make a selection in the section of forwarding POP/IMAP tab.

You will be having Email Setup tile in your lumia phone on the homescreen. And then you move to your account which you need to set up. There might be possibility that you may be not getting all those setups. So you need to move in advanced setup. You then type your Email address field and enter your email address. You need to then set up your Password field. After completing this one move in your Internet email account and tap the Your name field. This name will appear on outgoing emails. Set your account type. It can be POP3 or some other. Finally, there will be username field, and then enter your email address >>return icon.

Hello guys , I have some short steps with which you are able to solve this case and to add further, I will say that your Hotmail email account will be in place, you need to tap on the homescreen ‘Hotmail’ tile to get to this.
    On the right hand side of the toolbar you will be able to see a small panel with ‘…’ on it, and the shortcut symbol for ‘More’. You need to tap it and you’ll be able to observe two things occur. Well, three counting the toolbar floating up the screen. The offered toolbar icons add descriptions, which might be useful if you’ve forever wonder what the icons meant! Most significantly though, additional functions appear, together with the interesting ‘add email account’.You need to tap on ‘add email account’ as well as you’ll see a diversity of other normal email account types and we are inserting a Gmail one, a corporate account as well as a legacy ISP account, all of which are handled here. Making a start with the simplest, Gmail, you can tap on ‘Google’ and then enter your Gmail address along with password. And then you have entered.

So guys thanks for your replies but , however , I am not able to open my mailbox and my mail headers are not retrieved, and also that the Gmail should appear in the normal way, but this time all through the email client in Windows Phone. Can you assist me further as I am not able to go ahead of all this things . please provide some more information or any hint which will be suitable in my case.

So nokia lumia 800 saves you having to ‘pin’ everything to the homescreen by routinely adding a new tile for every email account to the homescreen. And considering any windows Phone 7, it’s a ‘dumb’ panel, but this should be enhanced in the future Mango update. You will as well see every new mailbox come into view as its own entity in the homescreen ‘applications’ list, for ease. So to provide with further information, another way to add an email account is to move in the ‘Settings’ on your homescreen along with tap on ‘email & accounts’. And then you need to tap on ‘add an account’ and you will be able to see the same choices as before. But if you require to go with a corporate email account here is some information. Assuming your company makes use of a Microsoft Exchange server, you need to tap on ‘Outlook’ followed by entering your email address along with password. After some couple of seconds of duration, you’ll be rebounded towards a additional corporate login page, with a field for username as well as (significantly) ‘domain’ and if you get this you are with the Exchange server an here and all is done.

I need to discuss more on this topic as many must be of the same issue and to solve this all you need to do is to locate the ‘other account’ alternative suffices. Windows Phone will attempt plus pick up mailbox settings from your email address, but if it does not , you will be with an pop up an ‘Advanced’ button, which will take you to a new segment of the wizard. Then here , you can pick the category (“Exchange” or else “Internet email”), with the latter counting all older POP3 as well as IMAP4 mailboxes. be warned that you will require details of incoming as well as outgoing mail servers furthermore any verification. The probability are that you have all this written down anywhere from your last set up of a PC or else Mac email function? If in hesitation, you can ask your ISP or else email provider, as suitable.