Thread: Calendar function is extremely slow in Nokia E7

Calendar function is extremely slow in Nokia E7

I am having Nokia E7-00 and in am having issues with the Calendar, I have found that the Calendar function is extremely slow in my phone, I mean it takes some second to open and some seconds to load the calendar entries and more time when moving from one date to the other, it takes more time to close the function as well, so is there anything I can do about it??

Re: Calendar function is extremely slow in Nokia E7

I am having Nokia E7-00 and in am having issues with the Calendar, I have found that the Calendar function is extremely slow in my phone, I mean it takes some second to open and some seconds to load the calendar entries and more time when moving from one date to the other, it takes more time to close the function as well, so is there anything I can do about it??
    Even I am having Nokia E7 and I have not faced any such issues with the same, I just wanted to know the below things so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same:
    • Are there some other apps that might be running in the background?
    • Have you tried rebooting the phone and check if it is making any difference?
    • What are the software version and the custom version of your phone?

Just answer the same for further help.

I am not running any applications in the background, I have a habit of closing application after using them, so I am quite sure that there is no applications running in the background without my knowledge, the other thing I have found that is in the file manager it is displaying that the phone is having 356.3 MB free and there is 13.3 GB in the mass memory but then when I connect the phone to the computer then it say that there is not no free space in the phone memory, just wanted to know that can there be anything in the software relating to the "full" phone memory which might be making the phone perform slow. The software version and the custom version of the phone are as followed:
    • Software version 014.002 (date 2011-03-01)
    • Custom version 014.002.293.02 (date 2011-03-25).

You seem to be having the latest Software version and I really don’t think that there should have been any issue with the latest version of the software, anyways I just wanted to know that are you having this issue just with the calendar function or it is with the other specific functions as well?? I also wanted to know that have you installed any third party apps recently after which you think that the problem has arise?? Or you were having the issue since you have bought the phone? Are you using any antivirus on your phone? If yes then remove the same and see if it is making any difference, there are possibilities that some app is interfering with the calendar function, so if you have any apps recently or there is any antivirus then remove then and let me know the response you get after that.

Hey thanks for your interest but then I was checking out for a solution in some other forums as well and there a guy had suggested me to try out 8 second switch-off test, where one have to Turn the phone off and then press and hold down the power button until one inspect the 3 short buzzes, and once when they are felt then we just have to release the power button and then switch on the phone normally, I have tried out the same and it is appearing to be making some difference but then not much, I mean that now I have found that the it is taking less time to release the power button, it was taking 20 seconds approximately but then now it is taking about 10 seconds, I can say the solution have reduced the issue but then it Is still there, is there any other effective solution that I can try out to get it working instantly???

Just try out the below possible solutions and see if the issue is getting solved or not:
    • Try deleting all calendar entries
    • Try limiting the range of entries
    • Delete the home screens
    • Restore to factory settings.

Just try out the above solutions one by one and then let me know the response that you get for them.

In that case, below is the response that I have got:
    Try deleting all calendar entries
    I have tried deleting all the calendar entries and it seems to be making more difference, I mean that now it is taking much less time in switching between the calendar functions but then it is still slow in reloading the entries.
    Try limiting the range of entries
    I have tried limiting the range of entries. I have changes it to three months from two weeks but then it does not seem to be making any difference.
    Delete the home screens
    I have tried deleting the home screens as well but then they did not helped as well.
    Restore to factory settings.
    I have tried out Restore to factory settings and it really appeared to be helping out but then as soon as I put the calendar entries back then I am getting the same response as I used to get. I am really running out of ideas now is there any effective solution that I can try out??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I am not sure about your case but then I was having the same issue previously but then now I have solved out the same, actually the issue was related to the way the entries had been stored, just to explain when we enter a new calendar entry then we have to select right at the top, I mean the calendar profile where we want to save the entry, in my case I had switched to E7 from N97 and later when going through the calendar set-up, I found that there were a number of calendar entries which were from the N97 and they had got duplicated on the E7 because of which the entries had been posted to different profiles, so when I cleared the E7's calendar and added the calender entries on the new E7 manually and made sure that I am putting them in one single profile then the issue was solved, just check out for the same and see if you are having the same case, if yes then try out the solution that I have tried and it should probably help you out.

I am not aware of the above solution but then I am kind of facing the same issue, I did not had the issue before updating to Nokia Belle, Lotus Notes 7, Lotus Notes Traveller 8.5.3, so I am quite sure that it is something related to the update, I have used Symbian Anna Traveller and it used to work just fine without any issues not matter how many calendar entries where there, I have found a temporary solution for this issue and it seem to be helping, it is Synchronizing emails with Traveller where as Calendar with Nokia PC Suite 7.1, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is making any difference in your case as well or not.