Thread: Proximity sensor bug in Nokia Lumia 710

Proximity sensor bug in Nokia Lumia 710

I own Nokia Lumia 710 and I am having issues with proximity sensor, it is actually having too small range because of this the phone is going in to a "hold call" mode when I am talking for a long time, is there anyone who can help me out calibrating the sensor. I am having the below os and the firmware version:
    • Operating system: 7.10.7740.16
    • Firmware: 1600.3007.7740.11465

Re: Proximity sensor bug in Nokia Lumia 710

I own Nokia Lumia 710 and I am having issues with proximity sensor, it is actually having too small range because of this the phone is going in to a "hold call" mode when I am talking for a long time, is there anyone who can help me out calibrating the sensor. I am having the below os and the firmware version:
    • Operating system: 7.10.7740.16
    • Firmware: 1600.3007.7740.11465
    I have been facing same issue with my proximity sensor and it is there since I have bought the phone I have been ignoring it so far but then now I have found that there are many people complaining about the same so I was expecting a solution to fox this out but then I have just found more and more people having the same issue and have not yet found an effective solution and the issue is still the same, I have contacted the nokia support as well but then they said that it might be a software issue and I should send the phone to them for fixing it out, I really did not expected the same with nokia, this was my first nokia phone and I don’t think that I will be getting any in the future.

You can count me in as well for the same issue, it is really very irritating when the phone put the call on hold way, it happens randomly but then it is very irritating, I also wanted to add that during this the touch screen responding as well sometimes and I am not able to unhold the call at that time, after some trouble shooting I have found that the pressing twice the on/off key helps in restoring the touch functionality, Other than this I have tried using Nokia diagnostic tools and the proximity sensor was appearing to be working for some while but then it did not helped to get rid of the issue, so now after knowing that the Nokia diagnostic tools is capable of solving out the issue to some extent I am quite sure that it is an software issue, I really hope that nokia fixes the same with an update.

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that are you both having some kind of screen protector which might be covering the proximity sensor and so, if yes then that might be causing it to bug and lock the screen, anyways if that’s not the case then you can try out doing a soft reset, for that you just have to press *#7780# and then Dial, the security code for the same is 12345, when you are done with the same then the phone will be back to factory settings and you will not lose any personal information as well, it is an recommended solution for minor issues, so just try out the same and let me know if it is making any difference or not. Just try it out and post back the result.