Thread: Nokia Lumia 800 message history is appearing to be incomplete

Nokia Lumia 800 message history is appearing to be incomplete

I am using Nokia Lumia 800 and the problem that I am having with it is that the SMS history seems to be acting up, I mean that a lot of message are missing and it is just showing some parts of the actual history, I have found that it is capable of recognizing incoming message and displays the proper mane for the same from the contacts as well but then it is just keeping multiple history lines for the same contacts because of this when I am choosing anyone’s contact from the phone book then I am getting a different history line, is there anyone who has is aware of this and can help me out??

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 message history is appearing to be incomplete

I am using Nokia Lumia 800 and the problem that I am having with it is that the SMS history seems to be acting up, I mean that a lot of message are missing and it is just showing some parts of the actual history, I have found that it is capable of recognizing incoming message and displays the proper mane for the same from the contacts as well but then it is just keeping multiple history lines for the same contacts because of this when I am choosing anyone’s contact from the phone book then I am getting a different history line, is there anyone who has is aware of this and can help me out??
    In that case I just wanted to know that have you used Live Messenger or say the Facebook Chat through messaging and so?? Actually I have used them previously and at that time if I used to message anyone via SMS then I used to switch to chatting with the same via Facebook and when they used to reply me then the message use to come through on a separate thread, so even after linking contacts now I am having two threads, from which one is for the incoming as well as other is for outgoing, I know that is very irritating but then I don’t think that there is some workaround that we can try out here, if anyone finds a better solution then please let me know as well.

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 message history is appearing to be incomplete

I have faced the same, in my case when I came across this it appears as if it is something related to the country dialing code, I mean that when I am getting a normal text then it comes with the dialing code attached, which is +44 here in UK rather than starting with 0 and so, so when I save the contact and write 0 then it gets split in to two threads, I have also tried changing the contact details for eg their name but then it is not making any difference it is still splitting their threads, other than this I have found that it can split it also when I am sending group texts, it is really very irritating but even I have not found a solution for the same, I have been looking after a workaround for the same but then I have not got any luck so far.