Thread: Getting Electrocuted by Nokia lumia 800 while charging it from computer

Getting Electrocuted by Nokia lumia 800 while charging it from computer

I own Nokia lumia 800 and it just works fine and I am not having any issues with the same but then when I am connecting the phone to my computer using the standard cable that I have got with it then I am getting Electrocuted, it is not that painful but then it is noticeable, it just lets me pull away my hand when it shocks, I have found that this happens for some times and not every time, I mean when it shock then it does the same for 5 minute if it touch it, where as it does not after some time, I am really not able to track out the cause of this issue but the I feel that this might result in to some kind of hardware issue, is there anyone who has noticed the same??

Re: Getting Electrocuted by Nokia lumia 800 while charging it from computer

I own Nokia lumia 800 and it just works fine and I am not having any issues with the same but then when I am connecting the phone to my computer using the standard cable that I have got with it then I am getting Electrocuted, it is not that painful but then it is noticeable, it just lets me pull away my hand when it shocks, I have found that this happens for some times and not every time, I mean when it shock then it does the same for 5 minute if it touch it, where as it does not after some time, I am really not able to track out the cause of this issue but the I feel that this might result in to some kind of hardware issue, is there anyone who has noticed the same??
    I think that you are having a faulty piece but then I am not that sure about the same as the issue is occurs randomly for sometimes as you have mentioned, if you don’t think so then I just wanted to know that is there any possibilities of it to be making static and it's that earthing through yourself and so, have you inspected the same thoroughly, I also wanted to know that are you connecting the phone to the computer and when it Electrocutes then have you tried touching the cpu to check if you are getting the same response from it and so, if you have not, then check out the same and let me know what you get, if there is nothing wrong with the cpu then you are probably having a faulty set and you will have to get it replaced.

I am quite sure that you are having a faulty handset, I am sure because I have faced the same issue with an ericsson t68 previously,I was quite sure that the phone was faulty but then the service center people were not able to reproduce the same and had denied from giving me an replacement but then alter I just bought a cheap multimeter/voltmeter and checked out the reading that I was getting when it was in contact with the phone and I had captured picture of the reading as well and I used the same as hard proof of the fault, later they agreed for giving me an replacement for the same, just contact the service support and check out what they have to say about the same, I don’t think that they might be aware but then I hope they would be able to reproduce the issue at their center otherwise you will have to do what I did.

In that case I just want you to make sure that the computer is connected to a grounded socket, as per the issue you have described here I think that it is a grounding problem with the computer, I mean that the discharging is taking place through you, if it is not that then the below things can be the possible reason as well:
    • You might be having audio/video equipment connected to the computer and here it will be having a grounded power plug, so if you are having your computer grounded as well then the audio/video equipment might messing up with the grounding connection
    • Your audio/video equipment might be having a connecting to the antenna, which might be creating differential on the shielding as well.

So just check out the above things and then let me know if you are having any of the above case for further help.