Thread: How to replace Lenovo G570 laptop fan

How to replace Lenovo G570 laptop fan

Can anyone tell me about how to replace the fan in Lenovo G570 laptop? Few days ago I have noticed that my laptop is heating excessively. When checking into fan speed I came to know that it is a not functional at all. Seems like it need a good replacement now.

Re: How to replace Lenovo G570 laptop fan

In order to replace the laptop fan you need to remove it completely. This is not an easiest task though. It will need much of experience or a good guide to help you in case if you stuck somewhere in the middle. You might need to get rid of several connection over it like keyboard connection, touchpad connection and screen connection if needed. It is not that easy as I am saying. It would be better if you send it to the Lenovo service center for repair. Otherwise you can directly contact a professional repair person for this.

• For Fan replacement you have to go through the laptop owner's manual and assembly guide in order to disassemble the laptop. Work on a large table with a bright light source so that all components can be clearly seen.
    • Remove the main battery, CD/DVD drive and the hard drive
    • Remove the screws on the bottom which holds keyboard. Flip it over, open it and take out keyboard. Make sure to remove flexible ribbon cable. Be careful with other screws and bezel
    • Take put laptop fan as a entire unit. Clean up the thermal compound from the heat sink and the CPU.
    • Apply a new thermal layer on CPU and put back the heat sink and fan. Assemble entire laptop properly as it is.

Are you sure that your CPU fan is dead? How did you find out that it is dead?
    If there is too much moisture and dust covered on the Fan, they it may block the fan from spinning. So it would be better to clean up the fan first. You can check the Fan by directly connecting a small amount of power supply to the Fan connectors. If it runs, then you don’t need to replace. You can continue with the same.

I have almost the same model as you, I also have a history of failure due to overheating. From what I can discover, the air is discharged mainly at the bottom. If I put neatly on the rubber feet on a straight, hard court surface it never gets overheated. But if I put it on a soft surface, such as the couch or the bed, it may soon lose its heat no longer and flips out. Replace the fan seems to me not the best solution, it is also an expensive solution and perhaps not technically feasible.

When the fans are starting to make a constant noise and even annoying, to say that you are consumed metal bearings as it needs to reduce friction between components the fan and then to reduce the vibrations that generate noise. So you can try to clean them as they have said before me, but if you do not solve anything it means that the bearings are worn. Anyway this does not create any failure and therefore do not recommend spending unnecessary money to replace the fans. For example I have a laptop for some 'years whose fans are starting to make some' noise because they are very hot in operation due to the environment, but why to replace still they work fine. You only need to worry only when the fans do not run anymore, because in that case the temperature would become too high, damaging almost everything

The replacement of a defective notebook fan will cost around € 20-75 plus spare parts. The supply situation with spare parts for a notebook cooler-exchange is very different. There are manufacturers where there is easy to replace fan and others where it borders is impossible.

The cost of replacing a laptop fans are significantly higher than with a PC. In the notebook, however, you should just take the fan, which was built for this model of laptop. There is no standardization and drives the price up. The cost for a fan (or the entire radiator module, because the fan is individually have not) may well go up to 150 €. You have to research each model, whether and where a replacement part to get. Then you have to decide how to proceed.

First of all install Fanspeed program. It’s a free version, which measures the temperatures of various components, including the microprocessor. I ran the program and the temperature was rising over time, reaching over 90 C. Because of this, the laptop turned off. Removed the cover under it and saw that the fan did not work. And I had a ball of dust around the fan. This is a very common problem on laptops and should be cleaned periodically, to circulate air and dissipate the heat. I replaced the fan with one that worked. Furthermore, another problem is that the portable thermal grease, which connects the microprocessor with the cooler, due to heat, is damaged over time. So I decided to take to change it. After all this I again ran the program Fanspeed and temperatures dropped enough, the range is 55-65 C

If you have bought the laptops recently then I urge you only one thing and that is do not open the laptop or repair it by yourself. This will surely going to void your warranty and it usually ends up you to spending more money than you have expected. Laptops are very tricky to assemble and dissemble. You will need special tools to get the job done otherwise need a qualified technician.