Thread: Using XMBC on $25 Raspberry Pi

Using XMBC on $25 Raspberry Pi

I am not sure many are not aware about Rasperry Pi. I just found a video on YouTube stating that this mini pc is cable of running XMBC. There is a bit upgrade done to the motherboard of this system where it runs on ARM based processor and Ethernet connectivity. Now it looks that the mini pc can run XMBC finely without causing any major issue. It is a very portable system. I think that I can try out to fix this one at my office to get my work related videos on the network. It can be a good part of HTPC. I just want to know that this mini pc can be a good alternative for low budget media center. If not I can at-least hook two monitor on it and use it just for basic purpose. I think the company might provide us TV tuner or other drivers in future.

Re: Using XMBC on $25 Raspberry Pi

I do not think you can put so much pressure on that tiny machine. You need a better system if there is an argument based no video quality. It is best for carrying or just hook a single tv and use it for traditional purpose. I do not think this might be good for the home theater system. I had did one thing to my system. I had fixed a TV tuner card and hooked my cable tv on the pc. Then on two monitors which are attached on the a gpu can stream videos from the pc. It took me really a long time to configure all those stuff one by one. But still yet all stuff is working smoothly.

Re: Using XMBC on $25 Raspberry Pi

I too recommend to go for a better support. Raspberry Pi is a small pc which might not come with any future upgrades and if you plan to add more stuff then there are very less choice for it. So start with a budget custom build HTPC. What most wants to have more than one TVS hook to the HTPC which is not possible in the system you had mentioned. It is fine for personal usage which looks quiet enough if you do not want to do any other kind of multitasking work on that.