Thread: No notification light on Nokia E6

No notification light on Nokia E6

I recently purchased the Nokia E6 Smartphone and I really liked its way of responding and doing some jobs in an easier manner. But recently there are some issues such as breathing light is set to ‘On’ and the Notification.light is set to ‘1h’ and checked both ‘Missed call’ along with ‘New message’. But I don’t have any idea regarding where should notification light be come into view on phone? Is it on center button or something. When I receive a message or else any missed call, I am not able to see any light come up on any part of phone. So I don’t understand whether it is a bug or something or somewhat other thing. Can you explain me guys.

Re: No notification light on Nokia E6

As per the guide , it has been stated that in the offline profile you are not able to make or receive any calls, or make use of other characteristics that need cellular network coverage. And regarding the activation of power saving mode you need to press the power key , and choose Activate power saving. And to deactivate power saving mode, you will require to press the power key , and choose Deactivate power saving.

All I have found that you need to set the notification light to blink for missed calls or else messages when the device notification light blinks, you have missed a call or else there is a possibility that a message has arrived.You need to move in the Select Menu and then to the Settings and Phone along with the Notification lights and then to the Notification light. And this one really helps so take a note of this thing and everything will be sorted out.

Thanks for the reply but, in my case , I need to say that I have previously turned it 'on' As you said from the Menu and then in the Settings and Phone > Notification lights > Notification light".

But I am concerned to this issue as when there is missed call or else message, there is no blinking of any kind of light on my phone at all. So what could be issue which matters me. Can you assist me further. this is slight defect on phone, we cannot make out whether there are message/missed call or not.

According to me, I suppose it is very, very unlikely that this difficulty can be solved with software, since a led light has one brightness level. as a result there can be no software tweak so that you are able to increase the brightness. i believe the most probable thing is they will switch to making use of the one-touch keyboard back-light as the indicator, mainly if that is a separate set of leds to the major keyboard back-light.they may present a hardware mod to people who in fact call or bring it into nokia care, but that can only be once they have in reality figured out what to do.

I need to say that even making the light brighter wouldn't help out. The D-pad is not clear. The gap flanked by pad along with chrome ring is in addition small to permit for enough light to shine through. So in spite of of what you do with settings/intensity etc. - you just won't see the light!It's quite noticeable that illuminating the light in the D pad alone for notifications is going to be insufficient, even if you make it brighter. As pointed out, the physical design is such that you are by no means going to get a lot light leaking through the minute gaps to be visible in sensible state of affairs. possibly a software update could have the whole call/end key panel flash as a notification in its place.

Does the notification light problem only result the Black version of the e6, or every one of colors?It looks as if an superb phone apart from this one matter, and I speculate if swapping it for one more color might solve it? Easiest fix to get better battery lift is adjust the Network to GSM from the Dual setting. if not you really require data since your streaming a radio, video, music service the lowest data setting is plenty for email along with even using services such as FourSquare along with Wap Pages. You will observe instant progress.

Still the way out of this notification difficulty is to buy the application RemindMe from Nokia store.I suppose Nokia could make the application free for E6 holders that having difficulty with this concern.The lone thing you are able to do is to send an email to nokia care and hope for a helpfulness sign from Nokia.But in any case, if you can’t live without clear notification light right at present, you need to buy RemindMe and there will be no more issues in your case. it will tend to work all the way for missed calls as well as sms/mms on E6.hope this one helps . do post your reply.