Thread: My Nokia C5-03 is running out of memory.

My Nokia C5-03 is running out of memory.

I recently bought a Nokia C5-03 which was working fine until last week when it suddenly flashed a ‘phone memory low’ issue. I have hardly installed anything in the device and still it is showing issues with the phone memory. I don’t see a chance where the phone memory can be full or it can run out of memory. I don’t think I’ve installed enough things or saved enough files to make the memory full. There’s hardly any basic stuff in there. Still it shows 40.2 MB occupied now that is next to impossible! How possibly can I sort it out?

Re: My Nokia C5-03 is running out of memory.

This is supposedly some issue related to a corrupt file installed or saved in your device. I would like you to check the following possibility of troubleshooting. I’m sure things will become perfect after that
    - Try deleting all the stuff you have lately installed. The issue can be exclusively because of some corrupt file in it.
    - If that doesn’t work, then and only restore factory settings.
    Do not forget to take back up of all important and sensitive files you have installed into it. Henceforth, avoid installing applications in the phone memory instead install them into the memory card.
    Also, wait for other experts to come up with other solutions and keep restoring and deletion, the last option.

You memory might be occupied by cache memory. Cache memory is nothing but a small unit of memory which the device uses for faster data transactions and operation of your device. Try clearing the cache memory that should release some memory for you.
    To free up cache memory, go to
    • Your web application
    • Move to ‘Options’
    • Then ‘Clear privacy data’
    • Select Cache

That was a very good solution. But I would also recommend you to check the ‘other files’ directory which contains files such as map information and general files for Operating System. Ovi maps also tend to save majority of its information o C: which is the phone memory.
    This causes a lot of memory usage. Please check it out and keep C: as clear as possible by shifting and moving applications, files and programs from the phone memory to external memory like memory cards.

I checked and cleared all of the above solutions provided by Bhadran and HankH. Yes all the changes you mentioned did clear a few memory for me but still the memory usage looks way too high than it should have been. I am still clueless as to why is this happening? What next? Are there any other possible changes that can be made or as Kork said, should I try the final option of deletion and restoration?

No check the following things for one last time. If nothing works, restore your device.
    1. Make sure, you don’t have map data on your phone memory. Only checking ‘other files’ won’t help. To check, go to options> Settings> Maps>memory to be used and alter it
    2. Make sure, there are no old mails or messages saved in on your device. For that, go to options>Settings>other>memory in use and change in to phone and now check possible existence of unwanted data. If it exists, make necessary changes
    3. Make sure, the memory to be saved In your camera settings maps to the memory card and not the phone memory
    4. Delete Nokia chat if you don’t use it. It eats up a lot of memory