Thread: Need a Web Browser for Kindle Keyboard 3G

Need a Web Browser for Kindle Keyboard 3G

Is there a good web browser for Kindle Keyboard 3G. My aunt ordered that from Amazon. So this is the international version. After purchasing when it came she called me to test it out for new features. I check all stuff was fine only the web browser does not seems to work. Now it is a 3G ebook reader and we have a 3d connectivity on the same. I checked the network is working. I had seen that now website is opening up in it. Also one important thing that I want to mention is a error which I receive while surfing on the ebook reader. It says that because of some local restriction web browsing is not available in my place. What does that means. Such stuff was not at all mentioned when I saw the site from where my aunt purchased it. Now whom should I contact to fix this out. I need surfing on the same for ebooks. If this kind of surfing feature does not support then why do they sell it. Please help me out to get rid of this. Thanks.

Re: Need a Web Browser for Kindle Keyboard 3G

The error is correct. It seem that you had ordered the same outside US. The 3G service on that can only be used for book distribution. You can not surf web on that now. That is due to the limitation of US 3G network. To some point it is right that they must not provide a 3G service if it really does not work in all part of the world. You can contact Amazon for the same. I had seen some blogs which says that due to the same issue with many users Amazon has planned to enable 3G in non-US countries. But in your part this might still be a dream. There is nothing can be done. There are certain sites on web which shows a unlock method to activate 3G internationally. The only issue using behind that is voiding the warranty and there is no guarantee that the process might work.

That's awful. I had seen my friends face the same issue when they purchased Kindle Keyboard 3G. Going for a 3G has a purpose. They want to surf on the same and read ebooks. I think Amazon should send this with a 3G sim support so that users can use it wherever they want. There should be restriction on the usage and many of us came to know only after buying this out. That is another weird thing. Amazon must display the same on the page of purchase that this product cannot provide you 3G support on your area. They can do that.

It is true. But if you go and read the page actually where the product is listed on some part you can be lucky to locate that information. Whoever has purchased this is still waiting to get his 3G service work. I had seen Amazon has enabled 3G is some parts which are outside US. They are European parts. There are not other updates on upcoming program of Amazon for getting this fixed on Kindle Keyboard 3G. There are other models which comes with 3G sim service.