Thread: I’m not able to send pictures via MMS on my Lumia 800.

I’m not able to send pictures via MMS on my Lumia 800.

I just discovered another reason to hate Nokia now. I bought it a few weeks back and I have been using internet on it which was working perfectly fine till I tried sending a picture as an MMS. I am simply unable to find the settings for that. Every time, I try sending a picture, it responds with a message saying that it cannot send or if someone else try sending me a message it just shows a tiny thumbnail sort of a thing by clicking on which it opens nothing.

I don’t understand Nokia’s Audacity when a phone which doesn’t work the way it is meant to and doesn’t provide the feature which it calls is its highlight. I hate it when companies come up with lame commitments. Anyways, since I am already into this, can anyone come up with a solution to this?

Re: I’m not able to send pictures via MMS on my Lumia 800.

Easy buddy! Relax for now. If there is a problem, there has to be a solution. And if Nokia has claimed something which they aren’t providing, you’ll definitely get a refund to that. Your MMS should definitely work; if it is not working it can be either of the 2 issues:
    - The APN setting you are using doesn’t support the MMS thing. Or
    - The model you are talking about has not released in the country where you are located.

None of them are true. I have friends using the same APN settings (on some other phone) and sending MMS efficiently. Also, Lumia 800 is released in my country on its official global release date itself. And I bought it from one of its closest outlets. So it is neither of the reasons you mentioned. The issue is actually with my device, nothing else. How do I get rid of it is my primary concern these days

Ok! The issue is with your MMS settings being compatible with your APN settings then. To resolve it what you can do is Set MMS APN in the diagnostic app under APN Settings. I believe, this has become available after the most recent update. So make sure you update your phone and then install the diagnostic app that I mentioned above. To install it, you will have to dial ##634# on the dial pad. In case you’ve already installed one, please uninstall it and then reinstall it so that it gets updated.

This is all you need to do!

I am very thankful for our tips. I followed all that you said. Let me just enlist the list of activities I did with a hope of fulfilling my new-found wish of sending a picture as MMS from my Lumia 800

I already had Diagnostics installed in my device. I uninstalled it and then dialed ##634# and got it back. I put my APN and MMS accounts and it did not even prompt me that it already exists. I saved the accounts. After which I switched my phone off and then on, not resulting into anything favourable.

This attempt also failed miserably, so looking forward for a better/ foolproof solution.

Lumia had issues with MMS till it’s last update was out. The issue is resolved now. But only the update is not going to resolve it. You need to first download the ‘Network Settings’. It is easily available online. Find it and install it in your system.
    Before installation, make sure your phone has 7740 update installed in it. That is mandatory for network set up to work. Delete all the existing APN settings in your device and restart the phone.
    This will finally and definitely let you send MMS

I did all of that and am very excited about the fact that I’ll be finally able to send MMS. But there’s one last hurdle that’s killing everything. In the diagnostic settings there's a few fields to fill in. like IAP name, APN, proxy address etc. What should I fill in for that? Just get me though this and I’m happily done
    Thanks in advance

Any smart phone detects settings for Internet and MMS from the SIM, the first time it is switched on with the SIM card in it; provided the settings are available. If at all the SIM card is changed, new settings are read and downloaded. Settings can be created manually also simply by entering an APN after you follow the path. Go to settings on your device, then move to Mobile Network and add APN but not MMS. In case, these settings are not available on the SIM, you might have to fill it manually using the above mentioned app