Thread: Integrated camera of Lenovo ThinkPad Z61m is not showing up

Integrated camera of Lenovo ThinkPad Z61m is not showing up

I have been using Lenovo ThinkPad Z61m and I did not had any issues with the same but then now I don’t know for what reason the integrated camera has disappeared and I am just left with the "Uninstall" option, I have tried installing the software from the Lenovo website but then it is not helping, is there anything I can try out further???

Re: Integrated camera of Lenovo ThinkPad Z61m is not showing up

I have been using Lenovo ThinkPad Z61m and I did not had any issues with the same but then now I don’t know for what reason the integrated camera has disappeared and I am just left with the "Uninstall" option, I have tried installing the software from the Lenovo website but then it is not helping, is there anything I can try out further???
    Have you checked it out in the hardware manager under system in control panel, if not then check it out and see if it is there? Also check out in the "imaging devices" and see if it is the driver is installer or not, just check these things out and then let me know what you get.

I have checked out for the same and it is poping up in the "imaging devices" as "Unknown device." I don’t know why it is saying that the driver is not installed even when I had installed it. I have now tried installing the same manually by directing it to the driver in the folder but then it is saying the below thing:
    "Cannot install hardware because software cannot be found."
    I don’t think I am missing something but then I am not able to track out the cause of the issue as well, is there anything I can try out now??

I don’t think that there should be such issues, can you just let me know the model number for the laptop?? I also wanted to know that is it the driver in the below link that you have downloaded and extracted???
    Integrated Camera Software for Windows XP, 2000 - ThinkPad Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
    If it is the same then the default extraction location is C:\DRIVERS\WIN\CAMERA, try out running the setup file from that location and then let me know if it is helping.

My laptop model no is 9453-CTO,I have downloaded and extracted the same and have ran the setup file as well and I have tried directing Device Manager to search in that folder several times but then the Integrated camera is not showing up, any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.