Thread: Need help in Disassembling Dell Ultrasharp 3008wfp

Need help in Disassembling Dell Ultrasharp 3008wfp

Friends please help me in opening up my Dell monitor. Few days ago when I was accessing my system suddenly this monitor turned off due to some reason and from then onwards I am unable to turn it on. I am sure that the issue too minor, either it is with the fuse or with the power supply. But to confirm it I need to somehow open and disassemble the monitor and this is where I need your help, I have never opened a LCD monitor before and due to this reason I am finding it quite difficult to do the same with my monitor. Is there anyone who is expert in this field or at least have some idea about dismantling a monitor.

Re: Need help in Disassembling Dell Ultrasharp 3008wfp

Can’t help you out all the way instead I can let you know my experience which could help you in some of the other way. I have never tried my hand in opening a 3008wfp yet but instead I have opened once a 3007 and lp3065, both the display monitor’s two halves of the case is actually held together by a plastic clips. So in order to open it I used a stiff knife which somehow opened the case but the knife made few marks on some of the spots where I inserted the knife.

Here are the steps for you:
    • Remove the plastic bezel around the LCD
    • remove the 3 screws that are holding the front panel button control circuit
    • remove the right and bottom screw that hold in the thin metal covers
    • remove the screw that is holding the card reader
    • Slide the cable reader up and out from the clip holding it in
    • now remove all the visible screws from the metal cover
    • remove the black screws on the top and bottom of the panel
    • Slide out the metal brackets
    • remove cable from right side
    • Slide the metal and unplug the small ribbon cables
    • Flip the housing over
    • remove the circuit board screws and the screws by the power plug
    • Remove circuit board and unplug the three other cables
    • Replace and go backwards to reassemble

If you check, the monitor techs have dedicated a plastic tool that prevents the monitor from getting any kind of scratch or unwanted marks you can probably try out one. You are supposed to locate an area near one of those clips in order to get the two halves apart and then try and pry it apart. Once done with it now you can work around the way you want.

Hey I would like to share something interesting with you; one of my friends bought an old broken and defected 3008wfp for $100 on sale from craigslist. The monitor was unable to turn on. Then what actually he did was disassembled the monitor and then examined it, he found that the power supply was broken so therefore I bought a power supply from Taobao via broker at $120 and got it shipped at his place.

Later on he simply replaced the power supply and then made the display work. All the way he just invested $220 on this 3008wfp monitor. Now this is what I can a smart work.

I have tried my hand in disassembling one monitor but unfortunately stuck up with fixing the power supply but somehow managed to open and close the case. There are certain things that are to be noted before you open the case. There is a metal that does not comes off rather there is an attachment between the metal and a plastic Bezel which disintegrate from the plastic. The Bezel has fingers and these fingers unhook from the extension when they are pulled towards the center of the screen.

Yeah that’s right, along the top and the bottom side there are 8 to 10 hooks and also they are present on the other side too. I would suggest you to start at the top in the middle; however I tried to start from the top in order to just avoid confusions and also to avoid messing up of cable associated with the switch. But then I managed to start at the middle and everything went on correctly from there I carried on the top to the corner. By doing this I found thing quite simpler once after I got around the first corner.

Then what actually he did was disassembled the monitor and then examined it, he found that the power supply was broken so therefore I bought a power supply from Taobao via broker at $120 and got it shipped at his place.
    When I went on in search of taobao agent, I found a huge big list over there which confused me a bit. Obviously now I will have to research a lot in order to find a good one. And yeah another thing I would like to tell you is that the exact price for the power supply is only $75 and not $120.

Need certain information about using a broker to get the power supply for 3008wfp monitor. I have a 30” monitor. I too have some problem with the power supply. If possible please let me know some detailed information about what exactly you did, also if possible please let me know the part number that you used to order the replacement.