Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T410s is crap and customer support experience is really worse

Lenovo ThinkPad T410s is crap and customer support experience is really worse

I think Lenovo products are having lots of engineering issues and providing horrible customer support. I am having Lenovo ThinkPad T410s from past around a year. I noticed that FPS is getting drop to 2-4 when I am using couple of apps. I noticed that system of mine was started to overheat and getting shutdown automatically. I sent the same at service depot and they replaced fan and palm rest. After 15 again my laptop shutdown again. after couple of hours of checking, explaining and arguing with the customer representative he agreed that there was no fault of palm rest and took the device back. They again replaced plam rest as well as motherboard. After that there was no shutdown. As I connected headphone jack I got high pitch noise and static coming from the audio system. so again I sent my laptop to service center. So far I am having really worst experience with the Thinkpad and they had destroyed the brand by all mean.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T410s is crap and customer support experience is really worse

Same as you I am suffering from the same problem. though I had all the parts replaced by still issue is persisting. The service center people are saying that they are not having much to do. you have to live with that only. I am not able to accept and really disappointed with such a bad experience.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T410s is crap and customer support experience is really worse

I have started to use Thinkpad 700t and I was a really happy user of Thinkpad. But after having T410s it became nightmare. Even I found worst customer service ever in my life. I have already paid premium price to get this particular laptop and it is constantly getting in and out from the service depot. According to me Lenovo has failed in both engineering as well as customer service scenario. They had made a joke of it.

I am also in the same situation which you have described over here and i am looking for the what output I am going to get from the service center. As per the industry image reputation supposed to be everything. Well I do agree that Lenovo is providing really bad customer support to us. I think you are not happy with exchange unit offered by them. you should simply talk with Lenovo to give refund rather than that of replacement. There is no another solution which I can give you apart from that.

I don’t think so they will ever refund irrespective of how many times I will ask for refund. They will say that your product has been crossed the twenty one days return policy. In case the Service Provider figure outs that device cannot be either repaired or replaced then only solution they are having that returning or replacing the product to the place of the purchase or directly to the Lenovo and your purchase priced would be refunded. Make sure that it will possible only if the device is in under warranty.

Apart from the above I would like to share something which could be important for you. they are ready to give T420s in replacement without having Multitouch screen support as T420s not having much option. They have given me the same kind of configuration with 2nd generation i5. I was having i5-2.66GHz where as I got i5-2.5GHz in replacement. Though it was 2nd gen and having new technology but lots of ghz does not make any sense.

This is the worst laptop ever! I bought one last year and the screen broke after two weeks. I had it replaced and a month later, the screen went blank while working on it. It turned out that there's a possible problem with the mother board. The repairperson contacted Lenovo and the board cost a whooping $1,766. I think Lenovo got us to do an expensive beta test for the T410s while paying them too. Needless to say, I am scared to puchase another Lenovo product.