Thread: Getting Intel "Save Power / Increase Performance" popup in Lenovo ThinkPad X220

Getting Intel "Save Power / Increase Performance" popup in Lenovo ThinkPad X220

I have recently bought Lenovo ThinkPad X220 and I was using an old X series laptop previously and the problem that I am facing with the new one is that I am getting an green Intel "Save Power / Increase Performance" popup from the Intel HD graphics which says me to save power or increase performance and this just stays on the screen for a couple of minute and I cannot move the window as well, is there anyone who can help me out in getting rid of the same??

Re: Getting Intel "Save Power / Increase Performance" popup in Lenovo ThinkPad X220

I have recently bought Lenovo ThinkPad X220 and I was using an old X series laptop previously and the problem that I am facing with the new one is that I am getting an green Intel "Save Power / Increase Performance" popup from the Intel HD graphics which says me to save power or increase performance and this just stays on the screen for a couple of minute and I cannot move the window as well, is there anyone who can help me out in getting rid of the same??
    That seems to be weird I have not yet heard of the same or have come across one facing it, anyways can you just take a screenshot shot of the same and post it here so that I can have a better idea if it and will try to help you with the same as well, just upload it here for further help.

Re: Getting Intel "Save Power / Increase Performance" popup in Lenovo ThinkPad X220

I am not very sure but then can you just try to going in the Intel Display properties> Power tab and then change the Maximum Savings or Maximum Performance and see if it is making any difference or not, just check it out and then let me know it helps, if it does not then as already mentioned by the above user just post a screen shot of the same.

I have tried out changing the power settings but then it is not making any difference, I have also tried changing the power setting to balanced to performance rather than keeping it to the battery but then I did not had any luck and I still keep getting the same pop up, other than this I have tried out uninstalling the driver as well but then even it did not helped as the drivers get install after the system reboots.

I am not that sure about the case that you are having but then even I was getting the same annoying green Icon in the middle of my screen when I used to unplug the mains ac adapter in Speed mode, this icon use to stay there for two minutes and I was not able to move its windows as well and later after a lot of trouble shooting I was able to get rid of it and that’s by renaming C:\Windows\System32\nvvsvc.exe, just try out the same and rename it to something else so that it does not gets recognized by the system, try it out and then let me know if it is helping you out as well.

I have tried renaming C:\Windows\System32\nvvsvc.exe but then it does not seems to be making any difference and the issue is still the same, I have contacted the Lenovo tech support as well for the same and they said me to upgrade from Intel HD Graphics Driver 8.15.10.2253 to version 8.15.10.2401 and I did the same but then the issue does not seems to be getting fixed, this is what I am getting:

If anyone finds out an effective solution for the same then please let me know it will be highly appreciated.

idea Re: Getting Intel "Save Power / Increase Performance" popup in Lenovo ThinkPad X220

Hope this isn't too old to have a reply to. Had to figure this out at work. This applies to a wide variety of Lenovo machines for multiple generations that have nVidia graphics cards.

So, after some delving into what is going on, while you can get a pop-up of the Intel Graphics from the Tray with the icon placed there, this isn't an Intel thing, It is nVidia. There is a RUN and a Service in place, the RUN will reinstall, restart, and set the service to Automatic if the service is changed. So do both parts. There is "nwiz.exe /install" which is set to run from the registry at:

HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run

Delete the nwiz.exe /install entry

This is important becuase the next step will be re-enabled unless that is removed.

Now there is also a service that is running

Start -> run -> services.msc

or for newer systems:

Start -> in the seach box type

services.msc

then hit enter.

Look for the service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service

Right Click on it

Select Stop

Double Click on it

Set Automatic to Disabled

To be clear this disables a driver service, NOT the driver. The icon will go away and your system will not attempt to switch to a higher performance level.

Restart your machine, but If you want it in high performance all the time, Hit F1 at the Lenovo Splash screen, Select Config -> Display -> Set the Default Primary Video Device to PCI Express instead of Internal.

Hope that helps. I had been having this issue with an older T61 for work, but figured I post an answer at least in case anyone is still suffering.

Hope that helps all!
    Klandaghi