Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T420 or Lenovo ThinkPad T430u

Lenovo ThinkPad T420 or Lenovo ThinkPad T430u

Hi all, I a m having one simple question to ask you people over here. Which one out of Lenovo ThinkPad T420 and Lenovo ThinkPad T430 will be better for me? Lenovo ThinkPad T420 is having the NVIDIA NVS 4200M Graphics which poses the Optimums Technology, 1GB DDR3 Memory. I am having very limited information on this and so confused to make a good decision. Can somebody over here help me with this? I will really appreciate any helpful suggestion on this.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T420 or Lenovo ThinkPad T430u

I think that it will be better for you to go for the Lenovo ThinkPad T430u. This is having the Kepler GPUs which actually seems great. This new UltraBook is having 640M which ranks more as compared to the W520 Quadro 2000M.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    Hi all, I a m having one simple question to ask you people over here. Which one out of Lenovo ThinkPad T420 and Lenovo ThinkPad T430 will be better for me? Lenovo ThinkPad T420 is having the NVIDIA NVS 4200M Graphics which poses the Optimums Technology, 1GB DDR3 Memory. I am having very limited information on this and so confused to make a good decision. Can somebody over here help me with this? I will really appreciate any helpful suggestion on this.
    If you are thinking to have a laptop for gaming then both of these are not a good option for you. These are the laptops for business machines and they are not made for gaming. There are many other decent gaming laptop options for you and you will get that in the same price. So my suggestion to you is to go for that and I am sure that you will get a better one as compared to these two in terms of gaming performance.

We all know that the company just announced the ThinkPad T430u, a unit destined for the business world that claims to be the first ultrabook with dedicated graphics courtesy of NVIDIA. The device also has a 14 inch (1.366x768), 1 TB hard disk storage and a range estimated at a modest 6 hours. Well sorry to inform you that you still have to stifle the urge for a little while since its launch.

Lenovo ThinkPad T420 is also not a bad option to be considered. Here are the specification of the Lenovo ThinkPad T420 NW4NGGE that I am using and I am very happy with that.

Specifications Lenovo ThinkPad T420 NW4NGGE
    • Intel Core i7-2620m (2,7 - 3,4 GHz)
    • 4 GB DDR3 memory
    • 500 GB HDD (7200 rpm)
    • 14-inch display (1600 x 900 pixel)
    • Intel GMA 3000 Graphic
    • VGA, Display Port, 4x USB 2.0 (1x powered, e-SATA combo), Express Card (34mm), card reader, CD / DVD-RW drive, fingerprint reader
    • 56k modem, WLAN, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth

Good quality of the battery is the important point with the Lenovo ThinkPad T420. To get more improved performance with the battery, you will have to take some additional steps. Settings in Windows power determine 95% of the working life of your battery. To preserve the battery in the laptop running Windows XP Professional, you need to get started consecutively, select Control Panel and select Power. Go to the Power Schemes tab and select Portable / Laptop in the drop-down power. This regimen disables certain hardware operations as your laptop in standby mode. You can change the default time settings or yourself. Click OK to set energy schemes.

The ultra book is inspired by the MacBook Pro, so companies keep releasing something cheaper versions of the Apple product, are in the same sleek design and the gray body. Lenovo has decided to try something a little different with their new ultra T430u book, and this has more of a business design. The T430u looks very professional and keeps the hardware power and sleek design, the new generation of laptops that are so popular. Lenovo's T430u has a great impression on the visitors at CES 2012, as a black metal finish with no sign of the usual rubber or aluminum case with most ultra-books. This includes a clean, sleek design and it is even more impressive when you open it up for a look. There is a large island and a touchpad keyboard comes with the ultra T430u book, while the red accents are used for the remarkable contrast.

Sabrey Guest

Good quality of the battery is the important point with the Lenovo ThinkPad T420. To get more improved performance with the battery, you will have to take some additional steps.

I think that this is worth to wait for the ThinkPad T430u. The ThinkPad T430u is a bit of the ultra-book specs, measuring 21mm thick and weighs nearly 4 pounds, but you could make an exception in the box, as this brings a few more connectivity compared with the average ultra book.