Thread: Not able to update Lenovo ThinkPad slate tablet to notes Mobile 1.1

Not able to update Lenovo ThinkPad slate tablet to notes Mobile 1.1

I am having Lenovo ThinkPad slate tablet model no 18394XB and it is not rooted and it is running A310_02_0039_0089_ROW currently but then I am not finding out a way to update it to V1.1. I have checked put in the App Shop and it says 1.1 installed , I also wanted to share that the App Shop was updated with the initialization process but then I don’t know why in App Shop >My Apps, everything appears to be blank in all the tabs, is there anyone who can help me out with the same??

Re: Not able to update Lenovo ThinkPad slate tablet to notes Mobile 1.1

I am having Lenovo ThinkPad slate tablet model no 18394XB and it is not rooted and it is running A310_02_0039_0089_ROW currently but then I am not finding out a way to update it to V1.1. I have checked put in the App Shop and it says 1.1 installed , I also wanted to share that the App Shop was updated with the initialization process but then I don’t know why in App Shop >My Apps, everything appears to be blank in all the tabs, is there anyone who can help me out with the same??
    If you want then you can try out the below solution and see if it is helping:
    • First go to "Manage applications" and then select Notes Mobile, the Notes Mobile option will be in Settings > Applications > Manage applications
    • When you reach there then just select the "Uninstall updates" and if there is nothing then try to clear the data.

Doing the above thing should upgrade to the 1.1.24, just try it out and then let me know if it is helping.

Hey thanks for your interest but then I have tried following the same and it is not working out for me, I have been looking after a solution for the same but had not luck yet, is there anything else that I can try out to update my Lenovo ThinkPad slate tablet to notes Mobile 1.1 any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

It should have helped, anyways I just wanted to know that have you tried uninstalling updates and clearing data both?? I also wanted to know that how do you upgrade Notes Mobile, I mean that do you keep waiting for the Lenovo's market to appear so that later you can touch the same and so?? If both the uninstalling updates and clearing data have not helped you out then I think that you will have to try wiping out the full data area and after that configure it from the start. If you have not yet tried out the clearing data process then try it out as it seems to be enough. Just check out and then let me know which possible solution is ending your issue.

I did not understood what you meant by “wiping out the full data area” I mean that are you trying to say "Factory Data Reset". I also wanted to add that I don’t get any prompt to upgrade like the way you have described as the App Shop is says that I am having 1.1 already but then I am very sure that I am not having the same as I have not yet came across any uninstall options in "Manage Applications".

“wiping out the full data area” means formatting data from the recovery kernel and that it more aggressive as that of the factory reset, you don’t have to worry about this process as it won’t be affecting your data in the external SD, the recovery kernel is the one that you get after pressing volume up after turning on the slate, there will be an option for wiping the cache as well, I have not yet tried out the factory data reset but then I think that wiping out the full data area will be a safer idea so as to keep your data protected.

I have now tried out the below processes and they have just not made any difference:
    • Wipe Cache Partition
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition
    • Creating a new login for the App Shop

Is there anything else that I can try out further???

I was having the same issue and below is the solution that has helped:
    • First go to mobihand site using the ThinkPad tablet browser and then select the Install the Native Store' option
    • This will further trigger a download of superstore.apk, so just install it and open it up.
    • After opening the app you will find out that the superstore app is for MOBILE PHONE but then you don’t have to worry about the same and just click on the blue 'Apps' icon.
    • When you are done till here then check out for "MyScript Notes Mobile" which will be free and when you get the same then just download it and you are done.

The above solution has helped me out in the same case so it should help you out as well.

I am aware of the above solution but then you don’t have to actually install the superstore.apk. one can just login into Mobihand with their Lenovo App Store login and proceed with the further steps, so if the above solutions does not work out for you in the way it has been mentioned then try out my trick, do post back the result that you get for my solution.