Thread: How to disable back, home and other buttons in lenovo thinkpad slate tablet

How to disable back, home and other buttons in lenovo thinkpad slate tablet

I am having a Lenovo ThinkPad slate tablet and I am really getting frustrated whenever I am trying to take handwritten notes. As I am left-handed I am not able to use any note taking application, the problem that I am facing is that my palm is touching the 'back' or home buttons and even the physical buttons which are at the bottom which kicks me out of the task that I am carrying at that time, so here I just wanted to know that is there a way by which I can disable back, home and other buttons to avoid such issues??

Re: How to disable back, home and other buttons in lenovo thinkpad slate tablet

I am having a Lenovo ThinkPad slate tablet and I am really getting frustrated whenever I am trying to take handwritten notes. As I am left-handed I am not able to use any note taking application, the problem that I am facing is that my palm is touching the 'back' or home buttons and even the physical buttons which are at the bottom which kicks me out of the task that I am carrying at that time, so here I just wanted to know that is there a way by which I can disable back, home and other buttons to avoid such issues??
    I have been facing the same issue and I really agree to you that it is very irritating for the left-handers to carry out note taking task, I think that there must be an app that we can use for disabling all the button, I mean to say a 'sleep' button which can deactivate or activate everything, I have been looking after a solution for the same but then I have not yet found one, if anyone has an workaround or some app for carrying out the task in the way we are willing to then please share, it will be very helpful.

As far as the physical button is concerned you both can just use the tablet upside-down, I mean that if you do so then the physical buttons will go to the top of the screen and your palm won’t be messing with it.
    For the soft home/back/etc button if you lock the screen rotation then even they will be appearing at the top and your palm won’t be messing with the same as well, they will be just out of the way.
    I know that if you do so then everything will be upside-down but then I think that there might be some note-taking application which will e capable of showing you a flipped display, I will check out for the same and will let you know.

Yes there is an note taking app for the same and it is known as Quill, Volker's note taking app, I have used the same previously and as far as I am aware it is capable of working fine any orientation and it can just work fine in upside down position as well, just check it out and I am quite sure that you will like it, I think that it is the app that you might be searching for, just check it out and then let me know what you think about the same.