Thread: What is the kernel version of HTC One X?

What is the kernel version of HTC One X?

I have this following kernel version in HTC One X
    2.6.39.4 - g6b459dc
    root@ABM041 #1
    SMP PREEMPT THU APR 1 00:19:48 CST 2012
    So I just want to confirm whether you are having the same version or is it different just for a conformation basis I am asking this question with you all. So do reply on the same. waiting for the response from you all.

Re: What is the kernel version of HTC One X?

I have got this image attached for you do have a look at it over there. Well mine is a bit different than yours. I hope this is the answer that you were looking for.

I just wonder why haven’t the version 3 come up yet. It should have come out by now. I was under the impression that htc is using the kernel version 3 only because I went and checked out the kernel version of sony xperia s and even they had a version 2 so that’s why I did not go with it. I thought may be htc one x would be having a version 3 kernel that’s why I preferred this over sony.

See the 2.6.39.4 version that you are having for your kernel and this is the latest update from nvidia for the tegra device no such update has been released after that. So that’s why I don’t think so you all not need to worry about why the version 3 hasn’t been released yet for the phone. moreover the version 3.0 and the 2.6 are somewhat similar nothing much different between them. So you should be fine with that.

Even my Transformer Prime has the same kernel and none of the tegra devices have been updated yet by nVidia. I hope that’s fine for you. Anything else that you need to know about this phone then please do clear it out over here only.

Quote Originally Posted by akkiiii View Post
    See the 2.6.39.4 version that you are having for your kernel and this is the latest update from nvidia for the tegra device no such update has been released after that. So that’s why I don’t think so you all not need to worry about why the version 3 hasn’t been released yet for the phone. moreover the version 3.0 and the 2.6 are somewhat similar nothing much different between them. So you should be fine with that.

Even my Transformer Prime has the same kernel and none of the tegra devices have been updated yet by nVidia. I hope that’s fine for you. Anything else that you need to know about this phone then please do clear it out over here only.
    So when we will be getting the version 3.0 update do you have any idea about it then do share it with me that would be better for me to have a look at.

unsure Re: What is the kernel version of HTC One X?

I don’t know I might be wrong over here but in one of the websites I have read that htc one s would be coming with the 3.x kernel. So hope for a betterment out there.

question Re: What is the kernel version of HTC One X?

I have a question here to ask to you have said that there is not much different between the current kernel version 2.6 and the coming version 3.0 then why are they releasing such kind of versions? I don’t understand that. What do you mean by the update then? If there isn’t any difference in both the versions then why are they not updating the current kernel with the version 3.0 or more? Why? Do you have any answers for the same? to justify something over here. then do tell.

Well if you aren’t believing me then I am quoting Linus Torvalds who is a Linux kernel maintainer

"So what are the big changes?

NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. Sure, we have the usual two thirds driver changes, and a lot of random fixes, but the point is that 3.0 is just about renumbering, we are very much not doing a KDE-4 or a Gnome-3 here. No breakage, no special scary new features, nothing at all like that. We've been doing time-based releases for many years now, this is in no way about features. If you want an excuse for the renumbering, you really should look at the time-based one ('20 years') instead.

"So no ABI changes, no API changes, no magical new features - just steady plodding progress. In addition to the driver changes (and the bulk really is driver updates), we've had some nice VFS cleanups, various VM fixes, some nice initial ARM consolidation (yay!) and in general this is supposed to be a fairly normal release cycle. The merge window was a few days shorter than usual, but if that ends up meaning a smaller release and a nice stable 3.0 release, that is all good. There's absolutely no reason to aim for the traditional '.0' problems that so many projects have

It is quite surprising to see that One S isn’t a tegra device as well still it has received the kernel 3.0 update. I can’t believe that my LG Optimus 4x HD hasn’t received the Kernel 3.0 yet. Don’t know when it will come.