Thread: Getting thermal sensing error on Lenovo ThinkPad T61p

Getting thermal sensing error on Lenovo ThinkPad T61p

Hello friends, I am having Lenovo ThinkPad T61p, motherboard of it was not working, so I have ordered a new motherboard from e-bay and installed on to my laptop. When I have done it then it was been showing me Lenovo bios screen and after that it was telling me thermal sensing error and it turned off automatically, I really not understanding that what I should do and how to make CPU work? I have also tried to update BIOS then also it then also turn off automatically. I am not able to do anything with it, please help me with it. Thank you.

Re: Getting thermal sensing error on Lenovo ThinkPad T61p

I believe that you might be using of some T9xx motherboard on to your laptop and due to which you are been getting error in that, I have this thing happening with some other guy and he has done same thing which you are trying to do it.

I also thing that you might be using Penryn CPU, I would like to say that penryn CPU with T8100, T8300, T9300, T9500 are need to have special board. If you wanted to use it then you can used it with a patched bios but you must have working and STABLE system then only you will be able to install that bios. When you are getting that error then you can press escape and then also it is not been working for you then it might be easy to install a Merom CPU, also it to be replaced one or you can get temporarily till the time you are get the bios installed. I think that it might be really great and also it will be working properly with penryn motherboard to get started.

If you do not wanted to a downgrade to a Merom CPU or patch the BIOS then I would suggest that you better send you motherboard back to seller, from where you have purchased it and get a Penryn-compatible motherboard.

What you people trying to saying I have tried it and I would like to tell that I have try to find FRU on the new motherboard and it was telling me that CPU of it is for T7500. I am very much confident that I am having T9XXX motherboard. I was not at all ready to swap it but have done it due to someone have told me to do it. So is there anything which I can do it at present make it work.

I would suggest that you better try to do swap with some of your friends who might be having a T7500 (2.2 GHz) for a T9300 (2.5 GHz), I believe that you will be able to get something faster and I am very much sure that it will work on yours, just give a try and see that it is been working.

I think that doing swapping will not at all working for you, will be keep on getting problems with it and I think that you better required board which is been need from Lenovo website or just visit any service center they might be able to help you.