Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T61p does not recognizes SSD drive

Lenovo ThinkPad T61p does not recognizes SSD drive

Hello friends, I have heard if you are trying to replace hard disk of ThinkPad T61p with Crucial SSD drive then it will not be recognize, so does this new correct about it, as I was thinking to replace hard disk of my laptop with SSD, but when I have heard it then I have stopped and did not gone ahead to work. So can anyone please tell me about it? Thank you.

re: Lenovo ThinkPad T61p does not recognizes SSD drive

I really do not think that might be problem when you will be doing it, I have couple of user who are have replaced their laptop hard disk with SSD and also installed windows 7 and it is been working very much fine. There is been no problem with it, I do not think that is actually true.

What you have heard it is correct, one of my friends was having T61p and he has changed its hard disk with Crucial CT128M4SSD2 drive and also he has updated to latest bios and done everything which is been required to do it then also it was not be detecting hard disk, it was giving it error that “Error 2100: HDD0 (Hard disk drive) initialization error (1)” But when checked on Crucial then it was saying that it is been compatible with this series of laptop, when trying to do it then it was not at all working for it. Which is really funny and also very much strange to look at.

I have also heard couple of reports which were showing bad thing about crucial SSD drives, but I am sure that it is been particular with that model or not, it appears to me that once I looked at it has a failure rate more than twice that of standard HDD models. Once you are having SSD then you will be getting great performance with it, which is very much sure about it. According to me I think that you should have a hard disk which is protecting your data and there should not be any failure and also I do think that SSD will be really nice to use as it can stop working and all of your data then you will be losing all of your data and you cannot used anything. One more thing which I would like to say that how long you are having warranty of drive then it will be working fine and also there might be no problem with it, once it is over then you will be getting problem and you cannot do anything with it.

I am also think that having SSD dive is not at all worth and it is not at all good and you need to be aware and can lose all of your data at any particular time, I have seen many people where there drive is been failed and crying that they have lost their data.

I would like to say that when you are trying it then you better check for your bios setting for sata, as it is might be set to compatible mode so due to which it might not be working. Just try to change it and checked that it is been working after that, I am knowing that it is very long process to do it and also know that requires full sata support to work, but I think that you should give a try sometimes it happens that try might works.]

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaruchandra View Post
    I would like to say that when you are trying it then you better check for your bios setting for sata, as it is might be set to compatible mode so due to which it might not be working. Just try to change it and checked that it is been working after that, I am knowing that it is very long process to do it and also know that requires full sata support to work, but I think that you should give a try sometimes it happens that try might works.]
    I would like to say that when you will be trying to change it then also it will not work and there is nothing to do with it. So changing compatible mode is not helpful and I would suggest that not to take risk and also it not at all worth.

I was thinking that changing compatibility mode might be working and there might be problem with it, so that would be a option to make it working, other than that there was nothing which might helped according to me. I was also thinking that drive might be defective due to which it was not be detecting it and also you are looking at crucial's track record with SSD drives then there are plenty of problem which is not at working with it.