Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTC One X gets overheated quickly

HTC One X gets overheated quickly

I got this phone yesterday. I was really happy about it so that’s why I thought of playing some games in it and checking out how does it perform? The game performed exceptionally well almost all types of hd games can run perfectly well in it. so that’s why I sat for around 1-2 hours playing games in it. However I started noticing that the phone got heated and that too only after playing it for 2 hours at a stretch. So that’s why I came here to caution you all about the same. So if somebody else is planning to take this phone then let me inform you all that this phone gets over heated very quickly. Look into this and tell me what do you all have to say about the same. is this the problem happening with my phone or somebody else has this problem? Do notify me if there is some fix developed for this phone. That’s what I am waiting for. Do reply on to this.

re: HTC One X gets overheated quickly

See dude if you are playing for so much time then it is but obvious that phone will get heated up and especially these days HD game do tend to heat up the phones very quickly. So its but obviously that the phone might have got heated up and not over heated. Little bit heating is quite ok. If it was over heating then your reaction would be probably different.

Hey I want to known where there any effect in gaming due to overheating. Did game lag a lot because of this heating problem? I want to know about it. so tell me something about that first.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mcgrath View Post
    Hey I want to known where there any effect in gaming due to overheating. Did game lag a lot because of this heating problem? I want to know about it. so tell me something about that first.
    No the game was running perfectly well. There was no lag or not difference in the performance hence I don’t think so overheating did affected the games performance. As far as over heating is concerned then let me tell you that it was over heating only and not simply heating because the battery temperature was measured around 45-50 centigrade’s. Can you all imagine that and the normal temperature of the phone should be anywhere around 30-35 degrees. I know the difference between heating and overheating.

I would advise you to again check with the temperature 45-50 is quite high and if heating in the phone had affected the performance of the phone then I would certainly call it as overheating . The temperatures that you have mentioned over here is certainly putting me some question marks in my mind about the temperatures of the phone’s body.

50centigrade is a limit if I were in your place then I would have probably went ahead with the replacement and nothing else. That’s it. so I hope you all did understand what I am trying to say here. that’s it from my side for you all.

Look dude this is not just any small phone it is a really huge phone. Combined powers of 4 full-speed cores + 12 GPU cores. If you use them to the fullest then it is but obvious that it will get heated up. Also look at the time that you have played the game 1-2 hours. Be It your phone or any laptop. If you play a game till that time anything will get heated up and that too an HD game. One small piece of advice that I would like to give you over here is that don’t charge the phone while you are suing your phone heavily. Combined heat from the battery + the SoC may end up damaging the battery of the phone and ultimately your phone can also die. I had faced such problems earlier as well with my galaxy series just warning you about it.

unsure re: HTC One X gets overheated quickly

Isn’t there any throttling feature in the phone such that if the temperature exceeds the limit throttling should kick in. that’s what I feel.

Re: HTC One X gets overheated quickly

The main reason behind this problem might be related to the Quad Core GPU because I have got to know that the new iPad that released this year also had a quad core GPU and even it had a over heating problems. So you may never know getting such high specifications can also be a problem as well. so that’s why it is always said every coin has its 2 sides. This completely suits over here.

I do agree with what you all are saying it can be a problem with the phone a phone with such a high end specifications is bound to get over heated if it is used for such a long time. I am dropping a mail to HTC about the newly found problem in their HTC phones, now its upon them to have a look and get a fix for it as soon as possible.

Do you know the core temp of the gpu. CPU and battery. The HTC one x I have heats up during gaming but this is a surface temp. High-end chipsets get hot most AMD am2/3 CPU for example under gaming surface temp is around 65-80.c core temp around 45 this is normal. Do you know the rated overheat limits for this phone.

I'm just curious as I know if my pc was a thin as this phone it would scold your hand off you held it. Is this standard temp for this chipset etc.

over heating does not only happen during couple of hours of game .. m facing a similar issue .. it happens even if i play for 15-20 mins ..

Quote Originally Posted by tech_noobie View Post
    over heating does not only happen during couple of hours of game .. m facing a similar issue .. it happens even if i play for 15-20 mins ..
    That really weird, i mean that the phone should not get overheated in just 15-20 minutes, i wanted to know if you are having the same issue since you have bought it or it has started overheating suddenly?? also let me know the games that you might be playing? are you having the same issue with all the games or some specific ones??

Quote Originally Posted by Kh@LnaYak View Post
    That really weird, i mean that the phone should not get overheated in just 15-20 minutes, i wanted to know if you are having the same issue since you have bought it or it has started overheating suddenly?? also let me know the games that you might be playing? are you having the same issue with all the games or some specific ones??
    Over heating starts even if browse ... But its not that much as compared to playing a game .. even a normal game like stick cricket

Quote Originally Posted by tech_noobie View Post
    Over heating starts even if browse ... But its not that much as compared to playing a game .. even a normal game like stick cricket
    You have not yet answered my complete question, were you having the overheating issue since the day you have bought the phone?? if you want then you can try using some other battery and check out if it is making any difference. if that does not help then there are possibilities that there might be some kind of hardware issue that might have occurred suddenly and you will have to contact the service center for the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast