Thread: Poor signal strength in HTC One X?

Poor signal strength in HTC One X?

I haven’t got this phone yet. Although I have given a pre order for this phone but before starting any discussion I just want to ask some people who already have got this phone in their kitty. Does this phone suffer from poor signal reception or something? Because I read in a particular whose source I cannot mention over here saying that this phone suffers from a relatively poor signal strength and does not catches up network easily in some places. I don’t know how much truth is there in their articles but I seriously want you all to answer me what do you all think about the same? Will such a great phone like htc one x will suffer with problems like these. I want only those who have got this phone to answer me out with this query.

I have already pre ordered this phone and after hearing such kind of rumors it is really affecting me a lot.

Re: Poor signal strength in HTC One X?

I doubt if it turns out to be true. There are many Chinese websites claiming to have a very poor signal strength in the phone. so cant trust these people until and unless the phone is out and is in my hands I can’t believe them on what they have said. So stay positive about your phone and don’t think about or believe on such rumors. They aren’t true.

Good that you informed about the same and I was about to order this phone now. I am happy that I did not go ahead with this phone. after you posted on this forum about the poor signal reception in this phone I immediately went ahead and did a research In the Google to check out if others are facing the same. in one of the posts a man had described a problem in the network when we hold the back part of the phone when typing some messages or holding it normally in our hands. If we happened to touch the back side of the phone then there is a drop In the network, so this really added more fuel to the fire and I have decided that I am not going ahead with the phone.

Think before you make any such decision. First of all tell me if the phone is out or not? no it is not and none of the major websites haven’t made any article on HTC One X hands on or some review on that, then how can you jump into any kind of conclusion. You should think before you jump to anything else. I would say wait till the phone comes out. Some people or the another will make a proper review about the phone and will let you know.

sad Re: Poor signal strength in HTC One X?

This may turn out to be true because earlier I had a HTC Incredible S which also had a very poor signal reception. Signal loss was the biggest problem of this phone. Whenever I used to type some kind of message in the portrait mode by keeping the fingers at the back of the phone there was a drop in the signal bar. This really pissed me off. Not only the signal strength but also the wifi signal as well. However you all want to check the phone signal strength when your phone is at the back of the phone then type *#*#4636#*#* in your phone and it can be checked accordingly. I hope that’s fine for you.

I have got this phone and I don’t think this phone has a poor signal strength at all . Yes a drop in the bar here and there nothing much. The voice clarity is quite perfect and up to date. So not a issue over here.

Yes absolutely if you see the difference in the dBm rate when the phone is covered and uncovered then I am getting -90 dBm 11 ASU when it is uncovered from back and -89 dbm 12 asu when covered from back. I got the results by typing in *#*#4636#*#* in the menu.

Hey this phone has some problems with the network and it is indeed true that it has a very poor signal reception now when I got to know about this is when I got the phone. when I inserted the sim card inside the phone, and when the phone started it had only 1 or 2 bars getting displayed. After sometime the network bar goes away and I get a message saying ' Preparing Sim’. This cycle continues. So after getting frustrated with this issue I have to switch off my phone and then start it again. then again the same issue.

Any solutions with this.

I don’t think so the problem is anywhere related to the phone have a check with your service provider or check if the sim card is inserted properly. With the problem that you have described over here I don’t see anywhere the phone being the culprit. So top blaming the phone UN-necessarily. I hope that’s fine with you.

Seriously! You might have given a defunct model of this phone that’s why you are in such a state, anyways don’t worry the htc service centers are always there to help you out. Instead of giving it for servicing I would ask you to better get it replaced and nothing else.