Thread: SSD and Windows 7 on IBM ThinkPad T43

SSD and Windows 7 on IBM ThinkPad T43

Hello friends, I was thinking that anyone has tried to work with SSD and Windows 7 on IBM ThinkPad T43, so I am presently thinking about it. I am using IBM ThinkPad T43 which is having Intel Pentium M 1.73GHz CPU along with 915GM chipset which is having GMA900 graphics and also having 2 GB of RAM. Presently facing problem with hard disk, such that it is not been speeding up and also there is less space in it. Even thinking to upgrade hard disk to 59 GB IBM, so before doing all this I would like to know that it is been working or not, if it working then I will be doing a clean Windows 7. So please tell me that it is been working or not. Thank you.

Re: SSD and Windows 7 on IBM ThinkPad T43

If you are thinking to go with Windows 7 and that also with Intel GPU then it is not at all working you will be getting problem when you will be using it? I would suggest you should not do it and if you are windows XP in it then better you stick which will be very much faster for you.

I was thinking to use it with classic interface and do not having the fancy "Aero" graphics, so if I try to do with this setting then it will working for me? The main reason for doing is that I have windows 7 with its key which is been going wasted, so I do wanted to wasted it anyhow. One more thing I would like to say that I was earlier having recovery disk of T43 but lost it when I have shifted to new home and there is no means to install Windows Xp again on to system. When I was trying to find out that it will work then I have read that it is necessary to have installed when installing new SSD so that there is proper alignment and presently I am not able to locate IDE HDD with affordable price, so due to which I have decided to go with SSD.

I think that you might be problem with bios error and due to which you are going to change it, let me tell you that you are having only 3 option to select, such that you get used to it, or you get IBM OEM drive or a newer Fujitsu one such as MHV2120AH and even that does not working then I would say that Downgrade the BIOS to 1.03 or older- which might be working or not depending on the drive used.

I would like to say that I am getting error and try the other method s which you are telling about, but I have to come across with one option that I have to be select is that have to live with it. But I have heard someone have tried it and it is been working properly with it. So wanted to know how it is been done, so that I can do it.

What I know that you can use any of hard disk or SSD with T43 and it will be working fine if you are getting 2010 error, but if you are trying to do it then you need to worry that windows 7 will be working with that, I do not think that it will be working as graphics which are been there on motherboard are not compatible for windows 7.

I believe that user is having a catch 22 at present, I am saying because if wanted to have a optimum performance from SSD then there is must to have Windows 7, this is what I think about it. Then also if you are having windows 7 then it will be sluggish as it might be not having proper drivers for it to run on that particular specification. If I have to do it then I would be going with SATA-mod and a fast conventional hard disk and will be remain on Windows XP, so that I will be getting proper performance with it.

I would like to tell that I own T43 with King Spec 128 GB IDE SSD hard disk and also I have installed windows 7 on it. I am using it and it is been running properly there is no problem with it till now. Some of the times it get stops and then it continue to work that might be due to BIOS, which is thing which can be beard and I would say that you carry on to do it and it will be working fine.