Thread: Should I use up the entire battery of the new HTC One X or charge it right away?

Should I use up the entire battery of the new HTC One X or charge it right away?

I am not an up to date person on this phone stuffs that’s why I have come here to ask some opinion from you all on this. I will be getting my HTC One X by tomorrow or day after tomorrow. So the question that I am asking you all is should I go ahead and charge up the new phone completely or allow the phone to use its battery stock that it has and then allow it to die. Then begin with the charging? So I am a bit confused on this that’s why thought of taking some opinion from you all on this. What do you all think when I get this new phone should I begin with the charging or allow to use up the stock battery. What do you all think about the same? I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: Should I use up the entire battery of the new HTC One X or charge it right away?

Yes when the phone is new, conditioning the battery is the most important thing. How you can condition the battery is allow the phone to use the entire battery first and when the battery is 0% keep it for charging completely till its 100%. Then use the phone completely till the entire battery is used up. You should repeat the same cycle in the entire week, that would be benefiting the phone and the battery. However don’t leave that practice it is difficult to follow the same method daily but try charging the phone in the same fashion. It will be really helpful.

Down Re: Should I use up the entire battery of the new HTC One X or charge it right away?

I don’t think so the same is the case with the Lithium-Ion batteries. Well what I got to hear from one of the sources is that using up the power of the battery completely does reduces the life span of the battery. I don’t know I might be wrong over here but if somebody can confirm to me about this then it would be useful for me as well as others.

Re: Should I use up the entire battery of the new HTC One X or charge it right away?

Hi I have attached a image over here which will answer some basic questions that you were looking forward to. So do have a look at the same.

When you get your new device before you turn it on. It is advisable to first charge the phone completely and then use it. Well I have read this instruction from a popular website which I thought would be useful for you. Hope that was useful for you.

cool Re: Should I use up the entire battery of the new HTC One X or charge it right away?

I don’t think so there new Li-xxx batteries need any kind of conditioning at all. The condition were only required for the old batteries and not the new one. Use the battery as you want. If you ask me how would I be treating the battery I would say just like a normal phone. see a person like me cant afford do some extra conditioning for the battery because it is not in my schedule only. Phone is a very important thing for me and it is needed every second. So a charger is with me 24*7 whenever I see there is a bit of dip in the battery. I plug it one. Also while I am working whenever I see any socket I plug ip with the phone. I don’t see if the phone’s battery is empty or full. The phone should be working and that’s my priority. Now I don’t care if I end up damaging the battery life in this process these days we can get a battery easily for around 20-30$. So why should I worry about it anymore, that’s what I am not understanding at all.

angry Re: Should I use up the entire battery of the new HTC One X or charge it right away?

Quote Originally Posted by pOLiSH View Post
    I don’t think so there new Li-xxx batteries need any kind of conditioning at all. The condition were only required for the old batteries and not the new one. Use the battery as you want. If you ask me how would I be treating the battery I would say just like a normal phone. see a person like me cant afford do some extra conditioning for the battery because it is not in my schedule only. Phone is a very important thing for me and it is needed every second. So a charger is with me 24*7 whenever I see there is a bit of dip in the battery. I plug it one. Also while I am working whenever I see any socket I plug ip with the phone. I don’t see if the phone’s battery is empty or full. The phone should be working and that’s my priority. Now I don’t care if I end up damaging the battery life in this process these days we can get a battery easily for around 20-30$. So why should I worry about it anymore, that’s what I am not understanding at all.
    Right so you are saying that the battery can be replaced, let me tell you that the body of htc one x is a unibody design and not like anyone else. So whenever you feel like removing the battery and replacing it with the new one, you cant do that.

The approach differs from person to person and the above person who has given a brief information about the battery of the phone he is one of the example. Like he does not care how the battery lives the most important thing for him to light up his phone no matter what. While some other people believe in conditioning the battery and seeing that the battery lasts for a longer period of time. If we look at the battery of this phone then it is a Li-Po 1800 mAh battery. Which lasts for a good amount of time. still looking at the unibody design HTC people should have given a better battery than this one. That’s what I feel.

Hey guys I have got this phone and the first thing that I did opening up the phone was allowed it to use the battery. Interestingly it lasted 3-4 hours much happy with that, when it showed the signs of battery low that’s when I decided to keep it for charging. I kept it for charging, kept it till 100% then removed it and voila it is still running the battery is quite good. Thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM|ANUJA View Post
    Hey guys I have got this phone and the first thing that I did opening up the phone was allowed it to use the battery. Interestingly it lasted 3-4 hours much happy with that, when it showed the signs of battery low that’s when I decided to keep it for charging. I kept it for charging, kept it till 100% then removed it and voila it is still running the battery is quite good. Thumbs up.
    The above procedure described by the gentleman is a very good method of maintaining the battery. However don’t allow the battery of the phone to go to 0% such that it will shut down and then start charging. No, that’s a very wrong method. You might end up damaging the battery of the phone. some people have the habit of using it completely till 0% and even in 1-2% they think of rebooting the phone and starting it again, that’s a big damage to the battery if you all were not knowing then.